eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
fly-joani
Community Member

Can a cracked screen on a LCD TV be fixed/replaced?

Hi, I just bought a Samsung Model LN46A550P3FXZA that has a severly cracked screen. Only getting a small stripe of picture on the left side from top to bottom.

Can the screen be replaced?

Is it worth replacing?

Is this something I might do easally myself or is this a shop related repair?

I bought it very cheaply because of the damage. If I can get it working, I probibly will wall mount it. If not, I have a very interesting piece of art when powered on. Thanks in advance for your suggestions and advice.
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world
Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Can a cracked screen on a LCD TV be fixed/replaced?

in reply to fly-joani
Most of the entire cost of an LCD TV is in the screen. Unless you can find another LCD TV of the same model that has problems (but not LCD screen problems), I think you just bought yourself a boat anchor.

If you find the part number of your LCD screen, you can probably Google it and find the cost.
People in debt often confuse the word "need" with "want". People who do not succeed often confuse the word "can't" with "won't". - John -
Please use plain text.
fly-joani
Community Member

Re: Can a cracked screen on a LCD TV be fixed/replaced?

in reply to fly-joani
Thank you Skipper John, I already got my answers on Youtube. It will cost more to fix it than the same or better new TV would cost. Having only gave 15 for it though, I have to wonder about maybe using it's part/s to fix another if I can find one the same price with a good screen. Only thing with that is I don't know what all parts are interchangable with what modles. Maybe I'll try to resell it to a TV repair shop. Would like to see someone who knows what their doing get this boat anchor. But it is an interesting piece of art when powered on, hope it's safe to have in the house.
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world
Please use plain text.