Did you mean: 
Bookmark Share Post
Highlighted

Selling High Dollar Altered Stamps

Selling High Dollar Altered Stamps

rogdcam
Adventurer
Last Edited 04:47:13 PM lizzier-ca

Beware - The seller best-low-prices is selling a large amount of very high dollar US stamps which have been reperfed, have altered margins and are regummed. The seller is registered in the UK but sells the stamps out of New York. Dodgy user ID history. Has been registered for over a decade but has over 700 of their feedbacks from buying inexpensive items. I followed one sale of a supposedly MNH US 244 which was regummed and had a margin added and after I wrote about my concerns a bidder with a feedback rating of 57 but 0 comments won. Dont ask me. Something is seriously dodgy with the entire thing. Take a look for yourself and you will find easily identified altered US classics mixed in with others that are genuine. Avoid at all costs and please spread the word.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES

Re: best-low-prices Selling High Dollar Altered Stamps

in reply to Jan 9, 2017 4:30:27 PM
vintige
Thrill-Seeker

Hi, @rogdcam.

This is not a place to come reporting sellers. The chances that one of us is going to buy from this seller is very slim.

-Alex
This isn't a new id - It's Vintige!
ASAP: Always Stop And Pray

Message 2 of 5

in reply to Jan 10, 2017 4:30:56 AM
rogdcam
Adventurer

Where do you report sellers in order to stop fellow collectors from being ripped off?

Message 3 of 5

in reply to Jan 10, 2017 5:15:51 AM
golowenow
Scout

You hit report item on the lots that are altered. Hit the link at the top right just above the item number where the sellers description is.

Noting this seller just started account January 2016 and changed user name in August 2016. Being a "bigtime seller" seems odd that this seller has not been on eBay much longer and/or needs to change the user name considering your user name is valuable to maintain your customer base.

Funny...up until 6 months ago this seller under different user name sold cloths, furniture, electronics and video games. Some looks like possible Goodwill stuff.

Possibility this seller has been in trouble before.....

Cannot say as sellers feedback is 100% positive.

It is sad that there are a lot of professional rip-offs out there who when caught simply use a different address, name, ip, and credit info to get back on with a new account.

Rules do say here in forums not to name users but rather to "report" them to eBay. In the case of stamps though it seems that it does not do anything even though the seller is an obvious illegal stamp seller or similar. If the seller is bringing in large revenues...well, seems reports are ignored.

Only source to force eBay to stop sellers is in the UK. Trading Standards. No options here in the U.S.. This is....by design.Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 5

in reply to Jan 13, 2017 2:59:28 PM
rogdcam
Adventurer

That was an excellent reply. The seller has a very high dollar Newspaper stamp up for auction right now that is obviously a proof that has been perforated. I also noticed the same low feedback bidders (0 percent positive) bidding on almost all of the high value stamps. Also, if you look for feedback on these "won" stamps there is none. Anyone could see that this seller is a fraud. Ebay is not interested in doing anything about it. 

Message 5 of 5