cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

British Stamp Cartel Philip Ryle fraud

There is a longtime criminal named Philip Ryle using the user names best-low-prices, collect04 and specialdelivery committing major fraud on Ebay. He has done jail time and was barred from Ebay in the past but he is back. Beware!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

This is very interesting!  I think he is also mascarading as Laroo (Laura Murphy).  Lots seem to have an abnormal bidding profile, sell and thern reappear for sale again.  One GB GV lot (R/C Deep Bronze Brown N32/10) sold several times and then re-appeared in a Swiss auction.  I'm currently barred from bidding on any of his listings, because I must have won an item of his in the past and returned it because it had a problem (cant remember what though).

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Seems like eBay is allowing a lot of banned users back. Noting illegal stamp sellers and fake British local stamp sellers to name a few types. This is what their anonymity policies have enabled.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Philip Ryle is operating as collect04.  Here's one of his counterfeits/forgeries:

INVOICE DATE

Aug 26, 2017
INVOICE TOTAL
US $1,347.00
+ US $3.00
shipping
Order Canada 1852-57 7½d NH SG 12 Cat £13000 ($17110)Pay nowView seller's other items
1 item sold by collect04
ITEM PRICE:
US $1,347.00
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

There's another seller on eBay who fits this profile who seems to be colocated in England and USA who seems to list unbelievably good items ,one of which I noticed and missed the auction end date only to see what I was almost certain was the same item about 2 months later, I bid on it in the early stages with a limit  which was low for a 2k item and mailed asking if it was the same item which i thought I'd seen and asking confirmation that there was no CoA. The auction approached it's end and I'd been outbid and I'd had no reply but looking over the sales history for the seller I thought I'd bid again, I already had a limit in mind and as I went to rebid I was told I was blocked by the seller. The item ended at the £10 above my earlier limit with no further bids. It all struck me as very odd, I was already aware of the HMRC case against ryle and it seems odd that numerous IDs have been called out on eBay but he/they still operate. How are any of these accounts proved to belong to this cartel? I haven't seen any one back up the accusations apart from wariness at their dodgy, too good to be true deals. That's where I now stand with this dealer and I'll err on the side of caution but he did me a favour blocking me anyway. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the alert.  Do you remember the name(s) of the ebay stores involved?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Og_stamps
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the info.  I really appreciate it.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If you come across any more scam artists please let me

know.  Thanks.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply