cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block of 4 stamps

Hello,

I am almost new to stamp collection (relatively speaking) and I have got a few blocks of 4 stamps. Somebody told me that block of 4 stamps are worth more than they would have been, had they been seperated individually.

Fair enough...However, the block of 4 which I have has torn perforations. Please have a look below:

https://ibb.co/c7OLsv

Could somebody please tell me how much it this stamp block with torn perforations compared to one stamp block without torn perforations.

Regards

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Block of 4 stamps

This is Mauritius Scott# 212 or SG# 252. Catalog value is around $2.00 for a mnh single.
Because the perforations are separating selling as a block is not feasible anymore. Could break and sell the bottom pair.
There are a lot of offers for this stamp and the set. Sales are mixed but in most cases it is selling for about 40% of catalog values because so many are offering them. the full set cataloging way over $100.00 is selling at $37.00+ for example.
Therefore the block shown would sell at most for $3.00 if MNH unless it has some sort of variety like color or sliced S on it which I do not see..
Message 2 of 2
latest reply