cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback not being left

Does anyone else agree that people are not leaving feedback like they used to?   Especially newer ebayers.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Feedback not being left

Yes . . . SAD . . . . . but, TRUE.  I have found no matter how GOOD the SERVICE . . PRICE . . PRODUCT . . COMMUNICATION . . and DELIVERY, I struggle to RECEIVE FEEDBACK.  I had for MANY YEARS left Positive Feedback IMMEDIATELY for the BUYER, but, noticed that only about 65% to 70% was being RETURNED.  It's a NEW DAY . . . . . NO DOUBT!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Feedback not being left

I completely agree with you guys. When I get an order I either ship it that day if I am available or the very next day. I communicate with the buyer and I send follow up emails to ask them for feedback I would say about 40% of buyers leave feedback and yes it's been years. 

If I have an order for a 40 or 50 card lot it can sometimes take an hour to pull out the cards. Then I have to pack and ship. I live in a city and sometimes my wait at the post office is 30-45 minutes. A total of 2 hours for an order thats real work! 

A few months ago I decided if my buyers do not appreciate the lightning fast shipping provided I would stop leaving feedback for them unless they left feedback for me. I just do not understand it!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Feedback not being left

I sometimes have to email the seller to get feedback left for me.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Feedback not being left

I agree. . . I am very diligent about leaving feedback as soon as my items are delivered to me or to my buyers. I think that if no feedback is left, after 30 days the sale is an automatic POSITIVE.Woman Wink

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Feedback not being left

After the time period for feedback 30-60 days I forget if no feedback is left it is not counted in feedback.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Feedback not being left

@vindog239 wrote:

Yes . . . SAD . . . . . but, TRUE.  I have found no matter how GOOD the SERVICE . . PRICE . . PRODUCT . . COMMUNICATION . . and DELIVERY, I struggle to RECEIVE FEEDBACK.  I had for MANY YEARS left Positive Feedback IMMEDIATELY for the BUYER, but, noticed that only about 65% to 70% was being RETURNED.  It's a NEW DAY . . . . . NO DOUBT!

I just went in and checked my last month, and likewise see that sellers gave me feedback about 65% of the time on sportcards sales.  I dont think this is a lot different from the recent past, but haven't been tracking it (and we know how unreliable memory is ... at least at my age Smiley Happy). 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Feedback not being left

Be careful what you ask for ....that's why I don't do it.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Feedback not being left

Whenever I sell something, I'll write the person to let them know it's on the way, and to PLEASE leave me feedback when they receive it, just so I'll know it arrived. But, it's getting rare if they ever leave feedback. Even though I see from the tracking that it's been delivered.  They just don't seem to care. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Feedback not being left

I leave feedback as i am printing their invoice for my records.  its easy to do and I do not worry if they leave feedback or not, unless its a negative (which I have never gotten).  Feedback used to be automatic but that is just not the case anymore as buyers just expect great service and now many only leave feedback if is a negative, so as another person stated, be careful what you ask for.

Our category actually does much better than most others do.  I average around 75% feedback on this account and on my other one its about 95%.  I guess that is because all those cards are sent in PWE and that is their way of letting me know they got the card.  Many categories are now down around 25-30% feedback and alot of those are negatives, so I dont ask for feedback if they dont leave it but make sure I leave feedback for all.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Twnpopcards

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Feedback not being left

I totally agree. As a seller or buyer I always leave feedback. The second it's paid or the day I receive an item. I also have never left a negative feedback. As a seller I leave positive as soon as it's paid (regardless how long it took, especially when the buyer communicated with me in the interim), as a buyer  I am usually happy with the product but in the rare case that I'm not I still leave positive feedback (or in the rare, rare case where the seller really was dishonest etc... I won't leave feedback at all). I believe people are human and especially in a case where the seller has 100% positive or close to it. I sometimes read the negative feedback that people left for other (I fortunatley have 100% positive) and it's amazing the petty reasons people leave a negative. It's as is feedback became a weapon for buyers sadly.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply