cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is bays definition of an assault weapon ?

this can be vague,in my state we have no definition for an assault weapon ,adjacent states dobut im not up in them,what is ebays definition?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

EBay's is simple - you can't sell firearms.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Tried to buy a DPMS stock from toyboy (131) but NEVER received it. Will not answer my emails either. Witting eBay. Cost me many customers in the past.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Definition for a assult weapon from a buyer---    Another way of life and being proud of it --- what is your life worth ?

Assualt weapon -- ask any man who was in Viet Nam ,,Weapon was my wife- my lover-- my life-- My Family ?

Rex Odom     1966-- 1968  4th. Army   9th Inf.   Delta raiders

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

the problem here is the wording-ASSAULT WEAPON- those that dont know can give any description,because they dont know-a/an assault weapon can be a pencil-nail clippers-hammer-rock-you get it,a/an assault FIREARM by deffination IS select fire/fully auto-NOT SEMI AUTO ,of any style-such as AR-15,these two letters and two numbers ARE-ARMILITE RIFLE MODEL 15

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

the " legal" deffination is a semiautomatic firearm-with a pistol grip-with a detachable mag.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Basically any rifle. Ebay doesn't (and doesn't have to) use the textbook definition.

Seriously, do a search of these forums. This is been brought up, like, a couple times...

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

no it isn't.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@cepclpi_ecwztwxzvc wrote:

the " legal" deffination is a semiautomatic firearm-with a pistol grip-with a detachable mag.

Not exactly!

If you live in New York State, the definition is unique because we have an active assault weapon ban (the SAFE act).

If you live in the rest of the USA, the 1994 assault weapon ban is no longer applicable, but it defines assault weapons as "semiautomatic firearms with a large magazine of ammunition that were designed and configured for rapid fire and combat use."

In California, specific models and features are banned, not types of weapons; and certain rifles, like AR15's, with special California-legal features exist for sale there.

In most cases, it is an assault weapon if it has more than a minimum number of specific features, like a bayonet stud, detachable magazine, threaded barrel, pistol grip, etc.

Now... when it comes to eBay the rules are so murky they might as well decide cases by flipping a coin. Yes, weapons are not allowed. But items like slings, pistol grips, magazines, and stocks get canceled all the time because someone at eBay doesn't know jack about guns but they do know how to cancel an auction. 

It really depends on whether a competing seller or well-meaning visitor flags your item as prohibited.

You're better off selling on gunbroker where that sort of thing is permitted and shoppers are actively looking for it.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Ebay sells more machine gun parts and hi cap mags than they think.  Example, US M1 Carbine original magazine for sale.  Well there have been and still are a ton of these for sale on Ebay, they are 15 round (and some 30 round) being listed as 10 round.  The US goverment M1 Carbine standard magazine is 15 rounds, period!  And sellers listing ones with WWII (and up) makers marks proving the originality of them from that time frame are 15 round.

You will also find Thompson SMG parts, M16 parts, Sten SMG parts, 30 round AK mags, etc.

I just laugh, ebay, a very anti gun company,  never hired people with the knowledge to pick put these items and so they are sold daily.  I myself chose to use gunbroker, but lots of sellers of everything dont want to.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Anything that has AR in the name. Tried selling a pouch was told it is an AW part?@!
Message 11 of 11
latest reply