cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rifle scope scams

I have been finding many many scam listings in rifle scopes. They all have the same MO. New sellers. One item for sale. Free shipping. 5 to 10 available. Dirt cheap. Buy it now. Florida location. I report them as I find them and it is easy to spot. Many people purchase them before they are taken down if they are taken down at all. I see that it has been hundreds of listings when I check the sold listings. I'm sure this happens in other catagories but I just happened to be looking for a scope. WOW! I try to help by reporting them but it is frustrating when I see them just sitting there and people purchasing the items.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Rifle scope scams

They could be cheap off brands from china. I would think if people had bought any of them and never recieved them, they would of reported them to ebay.  Thats a good example why you should always check the sellers feedback and purchase with caution from someone with no feedbacks

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Rifle scope scams

Fell prey to such a scam about 2 years ago.  Asked for a rebate from the seller.  End product:  No scope, no rebate.  Too bad for me as I gave the seller too much time (60 days)  to fulfill his end of the deal...sent 4-5 messages his way.  Ebay guarantee expired after 30 days, I think it was.  Seller flew the coop and I was stuck for full cost of the scope.  Hard lesson to learn.  Only time I can remember being scammed on Ebay.   

Message 3 of 3
latest reply