cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay search options for Sports Cards

Lately I am running into a problem too often. I will type in a search like "Ezekiel Elliott Auto" looking for autographed football cards.  Many of the cards that show up will be Digital Cards. If you are not aware of it, digital cards are not real cards. They are nothing more than a digital picture of a card meant to be used with specific apps like Topps NFL Huddle.  If you are not paying attention, these look like real football cards.

Due to the rising popularity of these digital cards, Ebay really needs to put a new Search Option on the left side where one can toggle from real cards to digital cards and back again. When I am looking for autographed football cards to bid on, I have zero desire to buy a digital card. Those who are looking for digital cards will have no desire to look at real cards.  But the fact that other than one is a computerized image and the other is real, they are very much the same thing.

Right now the only difference is that the sellers usually will put the word Digital in the title.  But this does not stop a thousand digital football cards from coming up in a regular football card search.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ebay search options for Sports Cards

Something that might help you out, I in most time email the seller to ensure we  both are on the same page about the purchase, I fully understand that this could be a very long process especially if you are bidding on multiple card, but it will save you tons of time on cards you don't want and trying to get your $$$$ back if unhappy after  purchase.... good luk

Message 2 of 2
latest reply