cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Shipping info received" for over a week and still not "In Transit"

Dear Ebay and users,

Last week (monday 27th of april) I ordered 2 different products from 2 different Ebay users. One from Japan (Tokyo) and one from China (Hong Kong).

I received a tracking code for both products the same day I ordered them.

I noticed the product from Hong Kong was "In Transit" really fast, and thus I received the product last satureday.

However, as of yet the product from Tokyo is still marked as "Shipping info received" and not "In Transit". It doesn't have any additional tracking information or scanning history either. What does this mean? Does the seller still have to mail the package? Or is the tracker just super slow to update?

I'm really worried about this because I usually don't mind waiting for my package, if I actually KNOW it's on the way and when to expect it. But right now I have no clue what's going on, where the package is and why it's taking so long for the package to become "In Transit".

I contacted the seller twice now by writing a message to him through Ebay. Both in English and translated to Japanese by a friend who speaks both languages to make absolutely sure he can understand my message. But still, no response from him either.

For clearance, I hereby added a screenshot of the tracker information provided by this product I'm eagerly waiting for:

(This information (Or lack of information I should say) is the same thing I'm seeing for over a week now.)

Kind regards, and thanks in advance for your potential help!

Nick

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update on the case:

The seller has just replied to my message, and provided me with a link to EMS's own website where tracker information is more up to date. Turns out, the package has arrived in The Netherlands today. Which means I will most likely have it at home tomorrow.

This is awesome news, and I'm absolutely hyped to receive it. ^^

I can't believe I never thought of going to the carrier's website itself for tracker information rather than relying on Ebay's tracking information, which by the way STILL says it's not in transit. So I guess it's really outtaded now....

Oh well, I'm satisfied knowing the package was properly sent the day after my order, and that's all I wanted to know. Finding out it's already in my country is an added bonus, and a really amazing one at that!

So, thank you all who have replied to this thread. You all have been good help.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Most likely the item has been shipped and has simply gone into the system without being scanned. Does the seller's feedback look like they are reliable?

At this point there is really nothing you can do (and nothing the seller can do) if the item has been shipped and simply not scanned. If you still have not received it a week after the expected delivery date, open an Item Not Received case.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

Yes, the seller has 1645 stars with a 100% positive feedback record. So I guess that's reliable. (196 positive, 4 neutral and 0 negative ratings)

I'm just worried that my package could be anywhere and I have nothing to track it with. Like the other product which I've already received, it's original delivery prediction would be somewhere half May. Yet I got it within a week. (Our local mail carriers are super fast. Once it's in my country or I order something from my own country, I receive it the next business day.)

The original delivery prediction is vague too. On the product's page it said within 8-11 business days (5 days of handling after payment included) while right now on my purchase history page, it says estimated delivery about May 20th.

So honestly, I'm going to have to deal with this possibly for another 15 days, while it might as well be delivered tomorrow... I never know, because the tracker doesn't show anything! Uch....

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Just do not let the latest estimated date for delivery pass.  Open an INR case before that date. You don't have to close it or escalate within any set amount (30 days I believe), but make sure you open it, just so you are protected/refunded if they never arrive.

"WE have you "protected"..."
Message 4 of 23
latest reply

I'm going to guess that most people on this .com board aren't familiar with how tracking might work between Japan and the Netherlands. If your seller has good feedback I'd not worry until after the last estimated delivery date and then follow up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the wind be always at your back.
Message 5 of 23
latest reply

@say_it_slowly wrote:

I'm going to guess that most people on this .com board aren't familiar with how tracking might work between Japan and the Netherlands. If your seller has good feedback I'd not worry until after the last estimated delivery date and then follow up.

I don't know about most people. But yes, I am very new to Ebay myself, and any information or systems that come with it. Reading these forums already gives me a good idea of how things work around here, though.

Anyway, I imply from your message that you meant to say that I don't understand a certain something about tracking/delivery between Japan and the Netherlands? If so, what is it exactly? Any aditional information is helpful.

------

To anyone else who replied so far, thanks! I'm taking everything anyone said in mind and see if things will turn out to be good after all.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@nicknero1405 I think say it slowly ment that most of us on this board are in the US so we don't know how exactly tracking between Japan and Nethrlands might work. I do some international shopping here and in Europe, tracking for most part accurate but once in a while tracking does not update at all untill package hits customs or entry port. From certain destinations it is actually how that seems to work, no update at all until in country of destination.

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

@raduska75 wrote:

@nicknero1405 I think say it slowly ment that most of us on this board are in the US so we don't know how exactly tracking between Japan and Nethrlands might work. I do some international shopping here and in Europe, tracking for most part accurate but once in a while tracking does not update at all untill package hits customs or entry port. From certain destinations it is actually how that seems to work, no update at all until in country of destination.

That would actually make sense now I think about it. Becuase the package I received satureday still said it was in Hong Kong that day. So receiving it came as a complete surprise. Then only about a day after I already got the package, the tracker was updated with "Delivered".

Oh well. I guess I have no choice but to play the waiting game. ^^

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

Oh goodness Nick so sorry,  I didn't mean to imply anything about your understanding. I did mean that many if not most of the people who respond on these .com boards are in the US and probably don't have experience with packages traveling from Japan into the Netherlands or what Netherlands Post is like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May the wind be always at your back.
Message 9 of 23
latest reply

Patience is indeed a virtue on eBay. I'm currently waiting on a package that's traveling only a few states away from me. There's no tracking updates at all on it and it's been 3 business days. But since the latest estimated delivery date is May 11, I'm just gonna wait until then to even contact the seller.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@say_it_slowly Haha no need to apologise. I just misunderstood your post. The reason being for me to post here instead of the Dutch forum is because the Dutch forum is pretty much dead so I had more chance to get support here. And I was right, since I got loads of replies now and I thank each and every one of you for that. ^^
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Update on the case:

The seller has just replied to my message, and provided me with a link to EMS's own website where tracker information is more up to date. Turns out, the package has arrived in The Netherlands today. Which means I will most likely have it at home tomorrow.

This is awesome news, and I'm absolutely hyped to receive it. ^^

I can't believe I never thought of going to the carrier's website itself for tracker information rather than relying on Ebay's tracking information, which by the way STILL says it's not in transit. So I guess it's really outtaded now....

Oh well, I'm satisfied knowing the package was properly sent the day after my order, and that's all I wanted to know. Finding out it's already in my country is an added bonus, and a really amazing one at that!

So, thank you all who have replied to this thread. You all have been good help.

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

i was just wondering have you recived your item yet ?

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

Please help me because I don't know where to post this complaint. I think Ebay and other on line sellers need to do somethng to increase the speed at which items bought in China actually get to the buyer. Where is the problem? I think it is with either the Chinese Gov't. or US customs? Whoever is responsible for the very slow movement of products from China to the US needs to act. I almost don't want to buy from Chinese sellers because of the very long time to receive the products. Please help.

Thanks,

Zatgy

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

@thebaglady-2016 wrote:

Just do not let the latest estimated date for delivery pass.  Open an INR case before that date. You don't have to close it or escalate within any set amount (30 days I believe), but make sure you open it, just so you are protected/refunded if they never arrive.

^^ OP,  yes follow her advice exactly ^^

When sellers ship stuff from China, it can take up to 10 days for the tracking to appear in the system.  Some sellers are just closer to the scanning point of entry while others may be located in more inland provinces.   It's a BIG country. 

Message 15 of 23
latest reply