eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
essentialoils100pure_kcfineart
Community Member
What label printers are compatible with ebay shipping? Should they all work?

I have been looking for label printer compatibility information extensively in ebay customer support, even a phone call which was very frustrating, as "Nick" was unable to help me or forward me to anyone who could.

Is anyone out there successfully using a label printer to ship through ebay, and if so which ones?

Current models only please

Other Answers: 3
disneyshopper
Community Member
Answered
in reply to essentialoils100pure_kcfineart

ebay and Paypal labels print out on 8-1/2 x 11 sheets, so any ink jet or laser jet printer will work.

If using an ink jet, the ink tends to smear when wet, so would be a good idea to place a piece of clear packing tape over the shipping address, and part of the barcode.

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered

Purchasing a dedicated label printer would make sense for extremely high volume sellers.

I sell here with 3 accounts and ship between 200 and 500 packages every day, and use a couple of desktop bubble jets to print all my labels. They work fine. I have started using the 2 per sheet peel and stick labels instead of regular paper, but that is only because it saves time. Printing on regular paper and trimming them to size then taping to the box works just fine, and I still do that on some packages every day.

house*of*paws
Community Member
Answered

Hi

Most sellers print their labels on plain white paper using a 'regular' printer ... then afix them to their packages with clear tape.