cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS

I am struggling to understand why ANY professional seller still uses USPS, but my reason for posting is that on far too many occassions I have been offered 10 different ways to buy something, multiple ways to pay BUT only 1one option for delivery - **bleep** USPS !

I am a relatively profilic purchaser - but the current "**bleep** USPS" issue is an item purchased from a professional business (a new car part), ordered on Dec 30th. My car is off the road. The part was available and I need it. BUT - only option given is USPS. Why?

In this case the delivery time-frame is listed between Jan 11th and Jan 20th .... thats 9 days variance or 3 times longer than the complete transit time for UPS or DHL.

To be clear, my question to the forum is not about USPS , it is to EBAY sellers that continually choose to offer ONLY the USPS service - I dont want free delivery if it is going to take 2 weeks. I just want the item. I will pay. I will pay for delivery.

I am so frustrated with this that I have now listed all the suppliers I have bought from that shipped via USPS and made my personal "blacklist to avoid".

If there is a logical answer to anyone can give, I would appreciate it .... because at the moment I'm close to giving up on using EBAY and going back to buying from the store - it may be more effort but nowhere near as frustrating as waiting 2 weeks.   

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

USPS

I ship by USPS because I do not have UPS, of FedEx available on a daily basis, and it is generally cheaper to ship.

I am not a "professional" seller.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

USPS

I ship by USPS because I do not have UPS, of FedEx available on a daily basis, and it is generally cheaper to ship.

I am not a "professional" seller.

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

USPS

USPS is the most cost effective way for many to ship. What I'd do if I needed it fast is contact the seller before purchasing to upgrade the shipping. A 9 day window sounds like it's being shipped Parcel. Priority mail should only take 2-3 days. 

You can call me Tony
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

USPS

I like you chose where it is coming from, and how when I need something faster.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

USPS

Try to understand that not all sellers have a way to get the merchandise to the offices of other companies or sell enough to have a business account.  USPS comes to the door for free and that's the only option for many buyer/private sellers on eBay.  It's just not realistic any other way.

The great assest of shopping online is that you have the world at your fingertips....

License2diva
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

USPS

The answer to your question is; you like to gripe and you didn't communicate with your seller.  USPS is not a bad service generally.  They have their issues; but the biggest ones I've had with them were 2 lazy drivers, 1 bad location in general (where the drivers were employed), and the very occasional lost or broken package which they paid the claim.  UPS never pays up, they deliver packages to the wrong place half the time in my neighborhood, and their drivers are constantly throwing packages around and are rude.  The reason it took nine days was because of the service and a weekend.

Message 6 of 27
latest reply

USPS

Time sensitive items are probably best purchased locally. 

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

USPS

This is the first time I have "griped". I definitely don't like it. USPS will not answer their phone in the local post office. The customer care lady told me they only have the "web site information" .... 3 calls later and I'm no further. The package has been at the same "status" on the tracking since the 13th (thurs last) and I cannot get it resolved - what else do you do ?
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

USPS

@jgercollins wrote:
 ... my question to the forum is not about USPS , it is to EBAY sellers that continually choose to offer ONLY the USPS service - I dont want free delivery if it is going to take 2 weeks. I just want the item. I will pay. I will pay for delivery....If there is a logical answer to anyone can give, I would appreciate it .... .   

Your gripe is not about USPS, it's about your seller choosing to offer only one of their slower services.  Packges can be shipped with overnight (sometimes 2-day) delivery via USPS Express mail  or via 2 - 3 day Priority Mail, just as FedEx and UPS offer overnight or fast shipping options.

You can use the "Ask a question" link at the bottom of any listing to ask the seller if they'd be willing to offer a faster shipping method in addition to the economical one.

For this particular package situation, you could try going to the usps.com site, enter the tracking number in the search box at the top of the page, and ask to have email updates sent to you.  It might be an urban myth but some mmbers believe that this can help "shake loose" a package. Or at least gain more info about it.

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

USPS

@jgercollins wrote:

In this case the delivery time-frame is listed between Jan 11th and Jan 20th .... thats 9 days variance or 3 times longer than the complete transit time for UPS or DHL.

Ebay just puts that long time frame as a worse case scenario. 1st class and Priority usually arrives in 2 or 3 days. If you have an issue with a seller's shipping method, why not just message them and ask if they can ship with a different carrier? Seems you're a bit melodramatic to blacklist a seller just because you don't like how they ship. You already know how they will ship before you buy.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

USPS

The OP is  in Trinidad and Tobago - maybe this has soemthing to do with his issues.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 11 of 27
latest reply

USPS

USPS picks-up packages for free

UPS and FedEx charge for pick-up. (FedEx at my location charges $11.45 to pick-up)

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

USPS

Well, I would have to drive 70 miles to ups or fed ex. Someof us live in the country
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

USPS

Well, that's the problem then.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

USPS

98 miles from my home to the FedEx terminal. I don't trust FedEx drop-offs in my area. I have only ever shipped Fedex 3 times. All 3 were cell phones returning to Verizon with pre-paid labels. First 2 were dropped off at the FedEx lock-box at the local Truck Stop. Never to be scanned or arrive at the destination causing me to have to pay full price. The third I had the Verizon store manager HAND OFF to the FedEx driver. This one ALSO went 'poof' but the manager went to bat for me and I only had to pay the co-pay on the insurance.  Verizon now lets you select the carrier for insurance returns and replacement. I choose USPS.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply