cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS sent package to Guam instead of Michigan?

Ok, so I was just checking on package status on a shirt i just sold a few days ago.  Estimated delivery date was 2/16 to Michigan.  Tracking now shows package is in Guam!!  What the heck usps???  Has anyone ever had this happen or seen this on tracking?  How the heck does this happen?  Did they forget to unload the plane or what?  So frustrated right now and of course all USPS locations are closed today.  I am hoping this is some sort of glitch because this makes no sense to me.  

Just wanting to see if anyone else has had this situation happen before.  

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

"The last stop was in Omaha Nebraska

then it went straight to Guam.

Still pretty fast shipping to Guam, too"

see? so it isn't in Guam, it's in Indiana zip 46913

it traveled east from Nebraska to Indiana

before heading north to Michigan

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Is there a city called Guam?

It seems quite fast to reach Guam if your delivery date for michigan is tomorrow.....

-Kelly
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

No it says BARRIGADA, GU 96913 

So I don't know if it's a glitch or what.  It's just really odd that it would show up in Guam.  I should clarify that I sent the shirt out on the 10th.  

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I think it would get resorted in Honolulu before it got to Guam.  Unless you are already in Hawaii then it was missorted twice - probably not human error.  Maybe a zip code/barcode issue.  Are you using printed labels?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Update:

The package is now delayed and will not be delievered by the expected delivery date.  An updated delivery date will be provided when available.  Your item departed our U.S. sort facility in BARRIGADA, GU 96913 on  February 16, 2016 at 6:49 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Well obviously there is a delay.  But why send it to Guam in the first place?  So confused right now.  

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@sawtooth99 wrote:

I think it would get resorted in Honolulu before it got to Guam.  Unless you are already in Hawaii then it was missorted twice - probably not human error.  Maybe a zip code/barcode issue.  Are you using printed labels?

Yes, I'm using printed labels.  Possibly could be a zip code/barcode issue?  At least it's now showing that the package is going to the right destination.  I live in the middle of the U.S. so it's hard to believe it would end up in Guam.  

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

could it be in Indiana zip 46913 on its way to Michigan?
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

What stop does it say it was at before Guam?  I'll be curious where the next stop is?  (I'm guessing it's actually not in Guam but who knows)

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@comeaudvd wrote:

What stop does it say it was at before Guam?  I'll be curious where the next stop is?  (I'm guessing it's actually not in Guam but who knows)

That's the funny thing.  The last stop was in Omaha Nebraska (about 3 hours away from me) then it went straight to Guam.  I would think it would have stopped somewhere in between instead of being shipped straight there!  So I am curious as well where the package ends up next.  It's like they threw it on a plane and then forgot it was there.  Still pretty fast shipping to Guam, too bad they can't ship as fast when the original destination is 600 miles away compared to 7,000.  

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

As per hafoster, it's probably in Bringhurst, IN not Guam.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

@hafoster wrote:

OK, that makes sense now, the zip codes are only one number apart! At first I didn't get what you were saying.  Thanks for your answer, I'm sure that's where the package really is.  

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

A friend of mine in Hawaii just tracked his overdue Amazon order and it said the package was in Barrigada, Guam. Unknown where it shipped from.

I'm also in Hawaii, I just tracked 2 of my Ebay orders. it also says the packages is in Barrigada, Guam.  Packages came from Florida.

What on earth is going on???

Strange Way - Firefall
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

I've had remarkably good experiences with the USPS overall, but I have had a few packages that took very mysterious routes.

Had one a few months ago that went back and forth between White Plains NY and Queens NY 3 times before finally getting back on track.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I have it happening as we speak...but now it is HONOLULU HI!!! Third try to reach Roanoke Va!

Message 15 of 17
latest reply