cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to ship a game 1st class

I am trying to set up my listing to ship a 12 oz game First class flat rate. It won't let me select first class unless I do calculated. If I select calculated it wants to charge my buyer  40 cents more than I am trying to charge. It works in my hub. When I try to preview listing it changes. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There is no flat rate first class..do you mean the flat rate priority box?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

There is no flat rate first class..do you mean the flat rate priority box?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Sorry, I mean I want to ship first class. I want the rate to be flat to all customers, not calculated based on location. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

First Class is the same price to all locations anyway.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Exactly. My problem is that ebay won't let me select First class unless I choose the calculated option. When I attempted this the price was .40 higher for buyer. I have verified that I entered weight correctly. I know I am missing something. I just can't figure out what. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@wynmill3 wrote:

Sorry, I mean I want to ship first class. I want the rate to be flat to all customers, not calculated based on location. 

Choose Flat Rate instead of Calculated, just enter what you want to charge. But know it does NOT effect what YOU will pay, so if it's 40 cents more, its 40 cents more.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Sounds like you are using the counter rates shipping tab you need to use the ebay discount rate tab

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@wynmill3 wrote:

Exactly. My problem is that ebay won't let me select First class unless I choose the calculated option. When I attempted this the price was .40 higher for buyer. I have verified that I entered weight correctly. I know I am missing something. I just can't figure out what. 

If it's charging the buyer $4.11 and you want to charge $3.74, that's because your calculator is still set to the default, which is to show the retail price.  Most sellers leave it that way so the difference becomes an automatic handling fee which can be applied towards the final value fee on shipping costs.

But that still doesn't explain why it won't let you enter a flat price.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I don't understand what you mean by "it doesn't let you". Do you mean it's somehow not in the dropdown menu? You sort of indicate later that it lets you choose it, but for some reason it doesn't show up like that when the listing goes  live. If so, what does it show after the listing goes live? What platform are you using to create the listing? Either we are missing some info or it is yet another weird glitch.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thank you everyone! I kept trying to do it. Didn't really change anything and suddenly it went through the way I wanted. Not sure what I was doing wrong or what I changed to fix it. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

@wynmill3 wrote:

If it's charging the buyer $4.11 and you want to charge $3.74, that's because your calculator is still set to the default, which is to show the retail price.  Most sellers leave it that way so the difference becomes an automatic handling fee which can be applied towards the final value fee on shipping costs.

But that still doesn't explain why it won't let you enter a flat price.

Thank you everyone! I kept trying to do it. Didn't really change anything and suddenly it went through the way I wanted. Not sure what I was doing wrong or what I changed to fix it. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply