cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The seller doesn't refund shipping costs and doesn't answer.

The seller sent a defective lens. It was a hard case, finally, I got a refund but she did not return shipping costs and doesn't answer. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Did you open a return through ebay

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I opened a case. I got a message that a seller cannot send me a return label and will refund shipping costs. I returned the lens. I got the refund for it but not for shipping cost. The case is closed, the seller doesn’t answer and I have now idea that should I do.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Open  a new case with Paypal for just the shipping. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

Open  a new case with Paypal for just the shipping. 

Not possible. OP is talking about the return shipping cost. He got a refund of the original payment so there is nothing to file a dispute against with PayPal. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@evgenyvasenev You needed to collect to the return shipping cost upfront before you shipped the item back. That way you could get eBay involved if the seller didn't pay. They would have refunded you without a return if the seller didn't pay and provide them with proof. Since you made your own arrangements to return the item, eBay can't force the seller to reimburse you. There is no case to be opened. eBay does not refund return shipping charges, that is why you have to get a prepaid label from the seller (not available on international transactions) or get the return shipping money from the seller upfront.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I don't know how, because it's about outbound shipping. The lens that a seller sent to me was broken.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Probably I am not so familiar with it. They said to send it and a seller will refund it. I did it, I attached the check.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@evgenyvasenev wrote:

I opened a case. I got a message that a seller cannot send me a return label and will refund shipping costs. I returned the lens. I got the refund for it but not for shipping cost. The case is closed, the seller doesn’t answer and I have now idea that should I do.

If the seller is international to the buyer, the seller cannot issue a return shipping label, and so eBay tells the buyer to pay for return shipping first, lying that the buyer will be repaid.

See "we'll ask the seller to reimburse you" in this example:

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@evgenyvasenev wrote:

I don't know how, because it's about outbound shipping. The lens that a seller sent to me was broken.

You can't file a dispute with paypal for this. I'm not sure if there was a misunderstanding and the other responders thought you were talking about the original shipping cost or if they were under the impression you can file a case with paypal for additional compensation after getting a full refund. There is no dispute you can file when it comes to a seller not reimbursing your return shipping cost, that is why you have to collect the money up front. If you had enrolled in paypal's return shipping program before this began, you can request reimbursement under that program using the link on the payment transaction for the item you purchased.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

She is from Canada, but she lives in Hawaii and sent me it from Hawaii.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Yes, I saw exactly that.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@evgenyvasenev wrote:
She is from Canada, but she lives in Hawaii and sent me it from Hawaii.

You lost me here.  The seller is a Canadian citizen that resides in Hawaii.  Is that correct?  OP, where do you reside?

While an international seller wouldn't be able to furnish a return label, one shipping from Hawaii to a US location would.  If the seller is located in Hawaii and the OP is anywhere in the US it is not an international transaction.  Of course, if the OP is in Canada and the seller is in Hawaii, the fact that the seller is Canadian living in the US doesn't mean that it is a Canadian transaction.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 13 of 13
latest reply