cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Cell phone to Peru

Just had buyer send me a payment for an Iphone but I would be sending it to Peru and globel shipping will not send it, should I risk just sending it with priority mail or cancle the sell ?

Myra
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@flysthisandthat wrote:

Just had buyer send me a payment for an Iphone but I would be sending it to Peru and globel shipping will not send it, should I risk just sending it with priority mail or cancle the sell ?

Your kind of out of luck either way. If you send it you're likely out the phone and the money, if you don't, you WILL receive a defect unless the listing clearly sates you don't ship to Peru.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The listing wasn't in GSP - it was offered worldwide, as in the entire world wide.  You are obligated to ship.

That said, I wouldn't send a $5 widget to anywhere in South America because the postal services there are unreliable at best.

Up to you, OP. You can chance it, cross your fingers, hope you have an honest buyer and honest customs officials, and hope that it doesn't take three months to get there...OR...you can cancel using the appropriate reason (NOT buyer address or buyer requested), take the defect and keep the phone (or at least not possibly lose the money...or the phone...or both)

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

...Up to you, OP. You can chance it, cross your fingers, hope you have an honest buyer and honest customs officials, and hope that it doesn't take three months to get there...

I'm not even convinced a Sprint phone will work there, let alone that its unlocked (Sprint is not real big on unlocking phones).

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I know what I would do and how not to get a defect and also not worry about losing the phone. 

All better? 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I'd cancel and take the defect. If feedback is left, simply reply professionally. state that the GSP would not ship it and after checking concluded that the risk was too high and phone unlikely to work in that location.

I would then go through my listings and make high scam items USA ONLY.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply