cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sell to US address buyer is actually in Canada opens SNAD

I list a 150 piece lot of die cast cars, buyer contacts me wanting to buy just 2 cars for $15 (S&H included) I respond saying only to US zip codes no international shipping. Buyer says nothing about being out of the country,  I removed the original listing, Make a special listing for them,. Then I get 2 or 3 meessages a day from them trying to get me to include other cars, I know how this works and told them to just buy the agreed deal first. 100 messages later and 1 month pass they finally buy, then open a SNAD case saying the cars were not those they wanted. I send a return label, they escallate the case anyway, I can't access the case anymore due to the ebay site being Canadian! 

I called ebay and even though I uploaded the label to ebay as directed the buyer still can escalate the case? So I sent an email with the shipping label to him directly just in case he says he never got the label from ebay, then I sent an ebay message with the label attached in case he says he never got the email. No reply from buyer since I sent the order, remember they were sending me 3 messages a day for a month, now none since I sent the order, even tried to contact me outside ebay a bunch of times and even sent a picture showing his email address before he ever bought the cars. I quit responding to his messages and just deleted them when I saw them come in.

Then he bought the order, i was amazed since i was sure that the entire deal was just an attempt to see if he could end up getting all the best cars for next to nothing. But then this happens, I can no longer access the case details, he will not respond to any messages I have sent either, Is this some kind of scam?

If I knew he was not a US buyer I would never had even started dealing with this buyer in the 1st place.

I feel like I was deceived by him from the start. I suspect he will not be returning the cars either, since I sent him a domestic first class label, he will not be able to use it, so that's just more wasted time and money. I called ebay and they tell me that they will give him 10 days from the last contact I MADE trying to be sure he had no excuses?! What happened to the 5 day rule when it comes to a return? that 5 days has come and gone That's why i called, now they want to give till June 2nd! Originally i had just 3 days to provide the label and upload it to ebay on May 19, I did that, now it's been 5 days and they aren't counting the uploaded label as the starting time for the return? WHY NOT? Why can't I access the case details now? When I log in it just says "ooops incorrect password or ID"! I know it's because it's not eBay US, but that shouldn't make any difference.

Why does this following of proceedures never seem to work on any returns? I had similar problems with a return a few years back where the buyer never sent the package, then ebay said they had 10 days? 10th day no tracking showing, i call again and while I'm on the line explaining it suddenly tracking shows from 2 days earlier? When i got the package it was a paritially filled box of junk I did not sell to them. Box weighed 2 Lbs when I got it back but weighed 7 Lbs when I shipped it, that alone was enough to show they ripped me off, let alone it was filled with junk parts that were not even from my sale. buyer also admitted in messages that they got my order including stuff that they later claimed in the SNAD case to never have gotten?

With so much proof of buyer fraud and misusing policy you would think it would be easy for ebay to see that they ripped me off and do something? Nope I got a defect for turning them in. Ebay covered for them and made sure that they had every chance to succeed in their plan, then eBay took my monery for their full refund while they kept my stuff, all in all I lost over $100 on the sale, wasted hours and hours of time arguing with these buyers and got a defect all for making an honest sale here. I have many more of these stories but this one will always stick in my mind as the one that made me lose my trust in buyers from that point on.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Looks like you made the same mistake again this time, Peoria. eBay gives the buyer 5 business days to get the return tracking started, but 10 calendar days to the minute if the return is escalated.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

First off, NEVER delete anything and keep all correspondence on ebay messages.  Ignore but do not delete anything sent to your email. I once had a customer like this in the early days. Since I would not comply with his outlandish offer he sent me a last message complete with a nasty virus. 

Second, I will not end listings early. If someone made the same request of me I would probably reply:

" Yes, this is a rather large lot.  Tell you what, if it does not sell I will split it into a few smaller lots. I will keep you in mind and list one with the 2 cars you are interested in."

Message 3 of 3
latest reply