cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned Item seller has $400 Laptop and money

does anybody have the return policy in writing?

I bought a laptop for 400 and was not working properly, I sent back to seller, seller disputed that I altered computer and won case B/C I restored Laptop to factory condition to wipe out my personal information and that is concidered by Ebay Altering the item. I am out my 400 and the laptop.  I asked the sell to return the laptop and I would pay for shipping back to me.  I was told by ebay seller can keep both money and laptop. that doesnt seen right. I have that computer serial number register to me. I would think I paid for laptop and I still own device. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you all for the replies, I have read and reread all the post, I am greatful for the tips all of you have left for me, and I will re-think how I word my feed back, But I try to be very honest with my feed back,  for the ebay communities sake.

Believe it or not the 2 negitives that I have left for both sellers were for $7000.00 network testers which turned out to be fraudlent hackers, hacked someones account and posted fake items. If you go back and look ebay seller's profile, Ebay has removed their negitive mark from serrer's account b/c of the fraud. seems like ebay should also remove it from my profile as well.

Either way I didnt think I was a picky buyer and will reconcider the messages I leave when posting feed back, I had no Idea what soft negitive was or that soft feed back even existed.  I thought I was doing the seller a favor, I actually bought something and usps damaged in shipping, the seller asked me to solder it and the project went sour, when I pulgged device in there were sparks and smoke. The seller was cool so I just used item for parts. and left a good review!

But I recieved a message from paypal today. they let me know that paypay is reaching out to the seller and will let me know by 10 days.

thank for the input I will post back with results

View Best Answer in original post

Message 16 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Try opening a case with paypal.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

It sounds like you opened the wrong type of return. But to answer your question, here it is in writing:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

The item not as described section is what applies to your situation.

You can try a PayPal return if you have tracking showing the laptop was delivered. After that, you only have credit card protection with a chargeback (assuming you used a credit card, which I highly recommend).

Rarely does eBay find for the seller, so you did something wrong.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Ebay sided with seller b/c in my email to seller I worded I reloaded The widows operating system instead of saying restored opperating system. not sure what that has to due with the fact computer is still good.

Here is a link to the labtop right before i put in the box ro send back. https://youtu.be/JDfvrFZPhxs

I packed it so well and sent back. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

You lost because of your wording. You probably won't do much better with Paypal. Why was your personal info on a non working computer? Maybe you got a virus or something while you were using it. The seller should send the laptop back to you or refund you. Are you sure they got it back?
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Yes the sell recieved computer back. There was no virus on computer.

I sent computer back b/c it would never go to sleep when you close the lid. It would stay on for hours or untill the battery died.

I looked up online where the magnet should be located in bezel and moved a small screw around the out side of the palmrest bezel where the magnet should be. The screw never located the magnet. So I placed the magnet near the lcd screen where the magnet shoud be located on the bezel.

and the computer went to sleep. So the opperating system was working propey. It just the magnetic swich was not working properly b/c there was no magnet in the bezel.

I read the ebay rules i didnt see were the seller can keep both money and item. Does the seller need to send me back the computer? Seems like seller can just replace that magnet and resell labtop again and i am out the money. The labtop is fully functional if you shut it down manually. I am Very confused and i do not know my rights.

I know i did register pc with lenovo. So i technically still own labtop. Should i report device stolen?

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

These are some more examples how you should be more careful with your wording:

"I looked up online where the magnet should be located in bezel and moved a small screw around the out side of the palmrest bezel where the magnet should be."

Makes it sound like you removed a screw from the laptop. You should say tested with a paperclip.

"So I placed the magnet near the lcd screen where the magnet shoud be located on the bezel."

You shouldn't say "the magnet". Makes it sound like you removed the actual magnet from the laptop.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I would agree with you. Wrighting is not my forte.  I explaned that to the ebay rep. Tge man from ebay was not understanding what i was saying and didnt want to listen.

any ideas how to get my computer back?

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@ariaamberly wrote:

I would agree with you. Wrighting is not my forte.  I explaned that to the ebay rep. Tge man from ebay was not understanding what i was saying and didnt want to listen.

any ideas how to get my computer back?

Send the seller a prepaid label and ask him to ship it back. But first, I would file a paypal dispute and upload the tracking so they can see the seller got it back. PP does not have the same item condition policy as ebay.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Get in touch with eBay 1st, then if needed, your bank. Screenshot all your proof they have the item, and haven't refunded. A seller did this to me, and relisted the item, trying to make me wait for the 2nd auction to close for the refund. The second eBay saw this, they issued an immediate refund. They were on it immediately. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I took your Advice and called paypal, I bought computer with paypal credit. I started a claim with paypal, They see the tracking number back to seller, The case will be reviewed and It could take up to ten days. I will post back if that route works.

If that doesn't work I will take your advice and mail the seller a box with prepaid shipping back to me.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I don't agree with this at all--this buyer has over 400 feedback--with literally just a couple of nuetrals and negatives and just a few soft positives--they appear to be a really good buyer.  Sometimes you really have no choice but to leave bad feedback after you have tried everything else. They might be a little picky, but we don't know what the listing said--the computer could have been advertised as perfect condition.  

Conversely, we don't know what the seller received back--it makes me shudder a little inside to think of just how much fiddling could have been done on that laptop.  In any case, before he even bothers with Paypal I would write a message to the seller asking where my refund is?  At least try to open up a dialogue--it really could be that easy--if the seller doesn't respond or argues then go to Paypal.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@mczombies wrote:

I don't agree with this at all--this buyer has over 400 feedback--with literally just a couple of nuetrals and negatives and just a few soft positives--they appear to be a really good buyer.  Sometimes you really have no choice but to leave bad feedback after you have tried everything else. They might be a little picky, but we don't know what the listing said--the computer could have been advertised as perfect condition.  

Conversely, we don't know what the seller received back--it makes me shudder a little inside to think of just how much fiddling could have been done on that laptop.  In any case, before he even bothers with Paypal I would write a message to the seller asking where my refund is?  At least try to open up a dialogue--it really could be that easy--if the seller doesn't respond or argues then go to Paypal.

That's fine if you don't agree.  I went through 6 pages of feedback, and each one had over a third filled with soft positives, and negs.  Are you telling me that six pages of feedback that's filled with THAT many problems, isn't a big red flag to you?  You're joking right?  I do believe the buyer is entitled to their computer back, no doubt.  I addressed that in my other post you didn't bother to actually read either.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

There are 12 pages of feedback, 435--maybe 35 as a seller.  Out of say, 400 there are 3 negatives--two of which say that the seller never sent the item and never answered any emails--completely called for negatives.  There is one neutral, and 10 of what you might call "soft positives."  

Out of 400 purchases, the "problem" rate for this buyer is  very low.  Not a problem buyer, not even close.  I am all for making an example of someone when there really is an issue, some people should be shamed--but not this buyer.  

I did read your posts--are you sure you read the OP's feedback?

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@ariaamberly wrote:

...I know i did register pc with lenovo. So i technically still own labtop. Should i report device stolen?

Well, once something is registered, it then becomes "used". It's hard to resell something as new once it has been registered. If it is registered, I would report it lost or stolen or at least inform the seller you plan to that within x days if you aren't sent your laptop back (which makes it worthless to the seller). If it was new when you purchased it (and it sounds like it was), why didn't you deal with Lenovo warranty? Some computers companies go by serial number and not proof of purchase for warranty issues.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply