cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

As long as I can remember ..   There was a "button" about 1/3 of the way down the listing (just above the description, on the right side)  that allowed you to choose one of 3 options for printing out your item listing.  

I always printed out a copy of the listing and included it in the package with the item.  Today I went to do the same thing and the "Print" button was gone.   Why ?   This tool is of GREAT use.  I used it for EVERY sale I made.  I called eBay customer service and they had no answer.   The only suggestion was to do use the  "Print Screen" option on my computer.   This isn't as good as the eBay Print Listing because it includes info that isn't useful to the buyer and it doesn't leave the proper space I used to mark the item Paid In Full and a Thank You for your purchase note. 

How can I / we let eBay know how important this button was ?  Any suggestions ?  

Thanks in Advance,

Message 1 of 294
latest reply
293 REPLIES 293

Re: Print listing button gone ! Why ? ? ?

It seems eBay's current goal is to make users use as many clicks as possible to get to where they want.

Wonder if they bought shares in a mouse manufacturer?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 16 of 294
latest reply

Every time ebay needlessly changes something that users rely on it slows down my listing and costs us money. I have to spend time figuring out a work-around instead of listing.  

Please bring back the print button.  NOW!   TODAY!

Message 17 of 294
latest reply

My daughter found the print button. On the upper left of the item page you can click "View Purchased Item".  It will bring you to the print page.  

Message 18 of 294
latest reply

Yes !!    My hats off to your daughter.  That is the solution.  Thank You and your daughter SO much !

Problem Solved

Message 19 of 294
latest reply

That work around DOES NOT solve the issue for a seller wanting to print out a copy of a scheduled listing, an active listing or a completed listing.  Would be nice if ebay would address the issue here on the message boards but I'm sure they really don't care anyway........

Message 20 of 294
latest reply

Please say again where "View purchased item" is located? I can only see "My eBay: Purchase history". Thanks.

Message 21 of 294
latest reply

If you go to any purchased item page, it will be on the upper left of the page.  

Message 22 of 294
latest reply

I can't find it either. Are you talking about the "View Order Details" button? If so, that is no equivalent to the "Print" button as you used to be able to filter out various bits of information with it.

Message 23 of 294
latest reply

Go to your SOLD items list

If you click on the listing of the sold item ...   It will bring you to the full listing. . .  

In the upper left hand corner there is a list of options

View Item Details

View Paypal transaction

View Purchased Item

Contact Buyer

etc ..

Click on   View Purchased Item   and it will take you to a nearly identical page to the old Print button  

The same 3 print options are at the top.  I did a test and it printed out almost exactly like it did before. 

Give it a try ...

Message 24 of 294
latest reply

Agree 100%, I've been using the "print" function for many years, it's COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE that they would remove this feature! ebay this is a step in the WRONG DIRECTION - so bring back the "Print" button now!!!
Message 25 of 294
latest reply

@jasonharrisRead posts #18 and 24. The problem has been solved.  In the list of links on the upper-left of the page, click on "View purchased item."

Message 26 of 294
latest reply

The print button is gone completly now.  I have been getting more disgusted with ebay with every improvement.

Message 27 of 294
latest reply

I do not have / see the View Transaction link

Message 28 of 294
latest reply

Thank you for the detailed navigation. BUT I am a buyer not a seller, thus do not have a SOLD listing. Using Purchase History, I still cannot locate a Print button. As a Buyer I always convert the itel listing into an Adobe PDF for archival purposes.

Message 29 of 294
latest reply

Not resolved for all.  I want to be able to easily see and print select sold listings (not just my own)  in format that includes entire listing and removes extraneous content that is included when using print command in the browser. Please bring the print listing button back! 

Message 30 of 294
latest reply