cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this even the morale thing to do?

I purchased a fragile item off of a guy in New York who has great rating. He shipped it from NY to TX with a 14.50USD service which took 4 week days to get here in spite of the guy using Priority shipping through USPS and I get that may have been a 80% USPS 20% Seller thing. Time is not so much of a concern, but the fact that he has a lot of positive feedback on his great packing skills,and yet decided to throw my item in a flimsy box with no padding or any sort of spacing between the items box and the box in which it was shipped in and send it over makes me feel cheated.

Now, obviously the items box is meant to protect it, which is completey true but it is a fragile box which is also packed with the item tightly in it, which means any compression to the items box will transfer to the item itself.

Needless to say, the item did arrive undamaged, box beat up but I can't help to think that charging 14 USD and not adding at least some decent packaging is nothing short of abuse. I've gotten more out of 4 USD shipping in tems of item protection than this. Is this something you would leave negative feedback over? Could it just be the case of people overcharging for shipping to get a few extra bucks?

Message 1 of 68
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@aguilared wrote:

Nice edit. I didn't know a negative rate would automatically get me a partial. It doesn't, btw. You have an option as a buyer to file a claim (which I believe is the only way to get money back) before leaving negative feedback. I have only filed claims for valid matters, like never getting an item to my address, or people sending rocks in a cellphone package 😛

Feedback has no relationship to refunds.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 53 of 68
latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

Do I understand correctly: The item arrived undamaged but you want to neg the seller because the packaging wasn't fancy enough, and perhaps because the USPS messed up the Priority Mail delivery time?

Message 2 of 68
latest reply

You do not say how heavy or the dimensions of the item in question is.  If the shipping box was larger then 12/12/12 then $14.00 from NYC to Texas is inline.  More details p!ease.

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 3 of 68
latest reply

Well it looks like you negged him anyway along with a!it of other poor sellers for inappropriate things.  Sellers look at feedback left when you go to bid or make offers.  Most will not do business with buyers who leave negatives for silly things such as this.  

I declined and Blocked a buyer the other day because she left too many silly negatives and soft positive comments. She was insulted when I declined her bid and told her why.  I have no desire to do business with people who jump to handing out negatives before trying to talk things out like professional trading partners.

You do realize that sellers do not get to keep the money they charge for postage. It goes to The POST OFFICE FOR POSTAGE

This quest stands on the edge of a blade...stray but a little and you shall fail to the ruin of us all.
"The Lady Galadriel"
Message 4 of 68
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

Do I understand correctly: The item arrived undamaged but you want to neg the seller because the packaging wasn't fancy enough, and perhaps because the USPS messed up the Priority Mail delivery time?

Looks like the OP has already decided the answer to their own question.  Check FBLFO.   Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 68
latest reply

are you really upset because you paid for a NON-guaranteed service and your item arrived in 4 business days? Is this real life? Is this serious? Priority isn't a guaranteed service! 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 6 of 68
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

Yes. He's upset because he got exactly what he paid for. SMDH! Paid for priority. Seller shipped priority. Got the item he paid for and it wasn't damaged. And it took a whole 4 business days to arrive!! What a horrible experience 😱

Message 7 of 68
latest reply

Yes, I suppose that you could say that it is immoral to leave a negative for an item that arrived on time and undamaged.

Moral:  ethics

Morale:  attitude

Message 8 of 68
latest reply

@zzydny wrote:

Yes, I suppose that you could say that it is immoral to leave a negative for an item that arrived on time and undamaged.

Moral:  ethics

Morale:  attitude

And the OP isn't even in the US. Wonder if he crossed the border to pick up the parcel or had it forwarded?????

Message 9 of 68
latest reply

Your item arrived on time and undamaged, and you agreed to the shipping cost.

Do not try to extort from the seller. It's a violation and he can report you. It will affect your buying power.

Message 10 of 68
latest reply

Well aren't you some kind of special?

I checked to see what you bought. I was shocked to see other sellers charging 50% more shipping for economy shipping versus your priority for the same items. I am guessing the cost is due to the size. I was appalled to see items in the condition you bought was listed for almost twice as much with 50% more shipping. You wanted it cheap and fast and you got a great deal. Priority is not guaranteed. "Morale"? maybe you shouldn't be using words you don't understand. Also very sturdy boxes in that size, long, wide and thin, would cost you even more, and you are complaining now about the cost of shipping. Which indicates beside everything else on the list you don't understand shipping costs.

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 11 of 68
latest reply

Your item arrived on time and undamaged, and you agreed to the shipping cost.

Do not try to extort from the seller. It's a violation and he can report you. It will affect your buying power.

Also, "abuse" is a strong word. Be careful.

Message 12 of 68
latest reply

Your account is registered in Mexico, that seller doesn't ship to Mexico... where was it shipped to? and how did you get possession of the item?

There was never yet an uninteresting life. Such a thing is an impossibility. Inside of the dullest exterior there is a drama, a comedy and a tragedy.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Message 13 of 68
latest reply

It's not a a question of morality. Your item arrived undamaged, except for the box. It apparently got hung up in transit. Is that the seller's fault? I'm assuming you had a valid tracking number, and according to it, the seller shipped within his stated handling time?

I think you are upset the item took longer to arrive than you expected, and that the packaging was damaged during transit. Yes, a seller has a responsibility to pack in a manner to to get your purchase to you intact. Which he did.

The appropriate way to address that issue would have been to have contacted the buyer and politely let him know what happened with your package. You could even have suggested that in the future, he might want to pack more carefully. Not really your job, but as a seller, I would want to know.

It looks like you posted this topic, didn't even wait 5 minutes for a response, and just went ahead and left him a negative, which begs the question, why did you bother to ask, since you'd already made up your mind? And In WHAT way were you scammed? 

Belle
Message 14 of 68
latest reply

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback! I take you are happy to receive squashed boxes without any protection in it whatsoever.

Thanks again!

Message 15 of 68
latest reply