cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it wrong to want a refund for a watch that the latch won't stay closed!!!!!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I would say it is not, unless you were warned in the listing there was a problem with the latch, or the listing had measurements and your wrist is too big but you bought it anyway. If none of those things are the case, there is no reason you shouldn't want a refund. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

First, take a deep breath and calm down. There's process in place to deal with this.

Did you contact the seller and tell them you wanted to return the watch for a refund of your payment? If you did and the seller refuses to help or hasn't replied in a few days (not everyone looks at their ebay account every day), you may be able to file a claim.

If the listing doesn't say the latch doesn't work, you can file an Item Not As Described claim in the eBay Resolution Center. You can find the Resolution Center at the bottom of this page or the last entries on your eBay summary page left hand column

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I think it's a reasonable complaint if not mentioned in the listing. Odds are it's an honest oversight by the seller since you wouldn't know the latch doesn't stay closed unless you wear it. I'd contact him about the problem. He should be willing to take a return. If he's a watch seller he may have a spare band for you or some such solution.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Perhaps if you used one thread, and provided the needful information there, people would be better able to offer you help or advice.

As it is, you have multiple threads going, each one providing not much more than a tidbit of information.  It's difficult to know what's going on when that's done, or even whether all of the threads are connected ... although they appear to be.

If you actually provide people with the full story of what was wrong with the purchase, and what was done to try to fix that, and what went wrong along the way, it will be much easier for people to provide you with help, information, or advice.

@sqsusan

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I was not warned that the item was defective. I was frustrated because that was the second item from that seller that I received defective with no visible damage to the package. In the watches case I started a return and I received a reply from the seller that they would not purchase a return label. I looked for the information on their webpage to send the watch to. Nothing there. No address no phone number. I sent a personal email to the seller asking for an address. No response. EBay sent me a message saying that I started the return on Sept. 19th and I had till Oct 7th to mail the watch or they would close the return. I emailed the seller again. No response. I mailed the watch through the post office with the return address from the original package with 100.00 insurance in case of damage. Then I check the tracking number to see that it was delivered on Oct. 11th. A few days later I received a message from the seller that they needed the tracking number to refund the money. I assumed they wanted a copy of the receipt from the post office. So I asked for a fax number to send it to. No response. I finally called Ebay to help only to be told that I didn't meet all the requirements for the  money back guarantee because I didn't take pictures, I didn't return the original package and I didn't wait for the seller to send a return label to return the watch with. How many people read the fine print when in bold print you see money back guarantee. I didn't. But the seller said right off they would not send a return label. Then when I got frustrated and tried to leave honest feedback that was negative about the item I purchase... EBay blocked it. So I tried to post on the community board and I honestly thought none of the questions or statements I made were posted because when I clicked the post button it said that I needed to complete the high lighted areas when there were no areas high lighted. I tried to click on post again and the little box showed up again and said that my question could not be posted at that time and try later. So tell me if you think you might get frustrated and think something fishy was happening. Definitely not buying anything from that seller again and I probably will delete my account with Ebay. I don't believe in Ebay's accountability. Susan Qualls

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

sqsusan,

When you first contacted the seller did you choose I want to return an item? If so that is when a return request was made and there are guide lines you have to follow. (read info in link below)  You should have sent the seller a message and used other as the reason. Then if the seller was uncooperative, you would open a dispute.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/return-item.html

When the seller asked for the tracking number why did you think that meant a postal receipt?  All you had to do was give the number itself, then they could go to the USPS site and check the status of the package.

When you spoke to customer service did you tell them you sent the item back and give them the tracking number so they could see it was delivered?  If you did not you can try calling again and do that. As for the photo issue,  Unless the selle specifically requested one in one of the messages the rep was wrong to bring that up. Unfortunately, the reps are for the most part not well trained, and only give playbook answers, or tell you what you want to hear if they cannot or do not understand an issue.

If you call back, make sure to say you opened a return request, but because you did not know you needed to provide just the tracking number to the seller, (ask the rep to check your messages) you lost the dispute, and would like to appeal it on those grounds.

The place you could have gotten the seller's conatct information was through your PayPal account. You click on the details button for the payment.

I do not know about you, but I would not have bought a second item from a seller who had already sent me a defective item. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

No. And it shouldn't be such a pain in the Asgard to return it either.

I would also like to know why it is so difficult to register a complaint with ebay when a seller

represents their product ignorantly or downright fraudulently in the selling heading or in the body of their description. I am also talking about before purchasing the item ,not after. I have even taken the strep of politely cotacting the buyer (sometimes this is not possible). They simply do not respond so no negative questions show up in the "questions about column" for others to see. They also don't answer the valid question.How do you defuse a honest question? You simply don't answer it. 

EX:  Vintage 911 Porsche ADS 300i speakers for sale. There is no such thing as Porsche ADS speakers. They are simply ADS 300 is speakers. The person is simply trying to puff up the val;ue of the item by associating it with Porsche( In the main header description no less). This is simply a fraudulent ad.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@sqsusan wrote:

I was not warned that the item was defective. I was frustrated because that was the second item from that seller that I received defective with no visible damage to the package. In the watches case I started a return and I received a reply from the seller that they would not purchase a return label. I looked for the information on their webpage to send the watch to. Nothing there. No address no phone number. I sent a personal email to the seller asking for an address. No response. EBay sent me a message saying that I started the return on Sept. 19th and I had till Oct 7th to mail the watch or they would close the return. I emailed the seller again. No response. I mailed the watch through the post office with the return address from the original package with 100.00 insurance in case of damage. Then I check the tracking number to see that it was delivered on Oct. 11th. A few days later I received a message from the seller that they needed the tracking number to refund the money. I assumed they wanted a copy of the receipt from the post office. So I asked for a fax number to send it to. No response. I finally called Ebay to help only to be told that I didn't meet all the requirements for the  money back guarantee because I didn't take pictures, I didn't return the original package and I didn't wait for the seller to send a return label to return the watch with. How many people read the fine print when in bold print you see money back guarantee. I didn't. But the seller said right off they would not send a return label. Then when I got frustrated and tried to leave honest feedback that was negative about the item I purchase... EBay blocked it. So I tried to post on the community board and I honestly thought none of the questions or statements I made were posted because when I clicked the post button it said that I needed to complete the high lighted areas when there were no areas high lighted. I tried to click on post again and the little box showed up again and said that my question could not be posted at that time and try later. So tell me if you think you might get frustrated and think something fishy was happening. Definitely not buying anything from that seller again and I probably will delete my account with Ebay. I don't believe in Ebay's accountability. Susan Qualls

No. And it shouldn't be such a pain in the Asgard to return it either.

I would also like to know why it is so difficult to register a complaint with ebay when a seller

represents their product ignorantly or downright fraudulently in the selling heading or in the body of their description. I am also talking about before purchasing the item ,not after. I have even taken the strep of politely cotacting the buyer (sometimes this is not possible). They simply do not respond so no negative questions show up in the "questions about column" for others to see. They also don't answer the valid question.How do you defuse a honest question? You simply don't answer it. 

EX:  Vintage 911 Porsche ADS 300i speakers for sale. There is no such thing as Porsche ADS speakers. They are simply ADS 300 is speakers. The person is simply trying to puff up the val;ue of the item by associating it with Porsche( In the main header description no less). This is simply a fraudulent ad.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@bumper12

I'm sure the OP has found a resolution to this problem since it happened a year ago.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply