cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally issued a refund without receiving my item back.

Hello,

I accidentally issued a customers refund without recieving my item back. This was a very expensive Hermes Scarve. Customer contacted me and said that he needed a shipping label becasue I fully issued the refund the shipping label got cancelled and he could not get it. After calling Paypal & E-bay neither of them could tell me how to re-issue the shipping label I originally issued. I relay this message to the customer. Then he goes on to tell me that if I dont send him a shipping label e-bay tol him to just keep my item and that he did not have to return it. Well its been about 2 weeks now and I have not recieved my item nor have I recieved any of my monies for my item. THIS IS STEALING. He will not respond to any of my messages. I have sent him an invoice for the amount of 122.50 through Paypal but he has not respnded to anything I send. He  took his money and kept my item. Please help me. Thanks.  I want my item back or my money back asap please help

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Your fault for shipping item before getting paid.

Ebay cannot help you.

Buyer has no incentive to pay now, so you just learned a very expensive lesson.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@chinohighcowboys1963

Your response is not applicable to the RETURN situation.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The OP did not ship before getting paid. Unfortunately, once a refund is given before the item is returned, there is nothing that can be enforced by eBay or Paypal. The seller can only hope that the buyer will be honest, but that is rarely the case.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@ronalbolan0 wrote:

...Then he goes on to tell me that if I dont send him a shipping label e-bay tol him to just keep my item and that he did not have to return it. Well its been about 2 weeks now and I have not recieved my item nor have I recieved any of my monies for my item....

You only have a few choices here. You could 1. Create a label and email it to him (a PDF) to his email (real email, no eBay messages as they sometimes don't print well), 2. You could PayPal the money so that he can create his own label (however most of the time buyers just keep that as a bonus) or 3. You can phyically mail him a label. The buyer has made it very clear he is not going to return the item on his dime. You need to add him to your BBL also. Good Luck

BTW, I would assume the item is gone and move on. Most people are lazy and are not going out of their way for your problem.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Have you send the buyer a return shipping label or are you hoping that your item will magically appear on your doorstep? You made one mistake already and now you are making a second, your inaction will not get your scarf back.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 6 of 6
latest reply