cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up -- a new label problem!

I print my labels through eBay and use bulk shipping.  This morning none of my international sales had the tracking numbers automatically added. These sales then showed as "sold " but not shipped.  The payment went through fine and I was able to print the international labels/ custom forms.  When I tried to add the tracking manually, eBay's system would not allow this.  So, a call to customer service revealed there is a "bug" in their system.  The rep wasn't sure if it only affected international labels/ sales.  She was able to add the tracking for me so that was great.  Hopefully,I won't  have to call again as approx. 30 % of my daily sales are international.  (Also , no I don't use the GSP).  I'm still recovering from the label debacle of 8/ 15 - 8 /18.  So if anyone is experiencing this you are not alone!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Had the same problem this morning when printing a shipping label internationally.  I went to PayPal and added the tracking number, which it accepted, and sent message to buyer.  Then I sent tracking number to  the buyer, through ebay, and marked the item as shipped.  What a problem this is going to be!  Hope this GLITCH gets fixed soon!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

You probably shouldn't even use those labels and tracking numbers.  Test them first!  They are old numbers (but recent) and already used.  If you track them they will probably already show a delivery from a couple months back.

I tried to print new labels for a shipment to Canada 3 times this morning and all the number (2 thorugh ebay and 1 through Paypal) were old numbers used and showing delivery in May or June.

If you use these numbers I don't think you will be able to track your shipments. 

I am going directly to the Post Office this afternoon.  Hope this gets fixed soon! 

I did call Paypal and reported it.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Odd morning indeed, in my case the scan sheet disappeared and it took several tries to get the shiptrack page loaded. Dang near had to print the labels individually but thankfully after some patience (I needed time to sip my coffee and finish playing my game anyway) the page came up and I was ready to print (sans scan sheet of course but I'm past caring now).

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

I checked the tracking number for the label I printed for my international package and it is good (thank goodness).  Shows that it was printed this morning and from my location.  I hate it when I have to cancel a label and reprint it as it takes weeks to get a refund for the cancelled one.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

This just now happened to me! I created the label for Norway thru ebay, it printed, gave me a tracking number, but still showed up as not shipped and no tracking number on the sold item. When I manually put the tracking number in, says it is associated with another item. When I put the tracking # into the PP transaction, it is accepted, but when I click on 'track' it shows delivered to Canada on June 1!! Calling ebay now!

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

AND i was charged $20 for this label!!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Just got off the phone w ebay, she said to void the label and bring to post office to ship, she seems to think it is a problem with USPS, not ebay, since USPS supplies the tracking number, not ebay. I pointed out that I will not get the shipping discount if I bring to the post office, but she said there is nothing she can do about that - grrrrr!!

I'm going to call PP now, will let u guys know what they say.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Now i can't print a label thru PP because it's not letting me remove the tracking number to start over 😮 Tried to print another label thru ebay and the same thing happened, gave me an already used tracking number. Have to go to the post office

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

what if you reprint the lable and use add another tracking number? 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

I now have 3 over the weekend, I'm marking them as "shipped" and plan on delivering them to USPS. If anyone hears of a better option let me know.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I was about to post a message about the same dumb thing happening trying to ship to Canada.  A label printed, but the number didn't attach itself to the shipment on the website and wouldn't no matter what I tried.  When I tried doing it manually it said the number was already used.  Voided that label and printed a new one that attached itself just fine, so that's a new number.  Thankfully.   This same shipment was saying it wasn't shipped and that I needed to print a label and ship, even though I'd just done it. 

Somebody is tinkering under the hood again; I can hear the bolts and "spare parts" hitting the floor in the garage!  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I just checked the voided number; it shows delivered to Canada on June 14, 2017.

They have to know this is happening by now... I hope.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

new posts today on same subject - other discussions, i think usps is using the beginning letters UA instead of LZ for 1st class int'l bcuz they ran out of the LZ#'s. I printed a 1st class int'l label for the UK thru PP today, didn't want to chance going thru ebay just yet. Went thru just fine, but w a UA beginner on the tracking number.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

i ended up printing my 1st class int'l label thru the USPS website on 8/18, of course, didn't get the discount

Message 15 of 16
latest reply