cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn't Ebay Offer Return Labels Anymore?

I recently sold a rotisserie rod for a Ronco Petite Rotisserie.  I took close up pics so every detail was there.  I woke up this morning to a return request saying the rod doesn't look anything like the one pictured in the listing.  It was delivered to the buyer last Saturday.

I ship over the counter at the post office~~I don't print my own labels.  On any previous returns I just choose to have ebay supply the return label.  This was only a $9.99 with free shipping item but I accepted the return because the buyer either didn't know what they were buying or lied in the return request. They got exactly what was listed and pictured.

I expected to be able to have ebay supply the label but it wasn't even an available option.  I had to either supply the return label or send the money to the buyer "by e mail" (?)  How am I suppose to send money by e mail?

I just finally gave up and refunded the buyer in full as I was only given until Friday the 26th to do something or the buyer could ask ebay to step in.  I sure don't want a unresolved case on my record.  When did ebay quit supplying return labels?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

eBay does offer return labels, nothing has changed. I suspect, and I could be wrong here but I think selling the rod for $9.99 and free shipping is why they didn't offer a label. If you didn't have the weight and dimensions in the calculator or they were wrong, possibly eBay estimated a shipping cost over $10 hence no label

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I did have 1st class mailing listed as the method of shipping in the listing.  It cost $2.67 to mail it.  On my last return it was shipped 1st class and ebay issued a priority return label for the return.  Maybe I saved $$ by not being offered the label by ebay.  It was the principle of the whole thing that I was even going to make the buyer return it at all.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You can "send money" via Paypal to the buyer's Paypal e-mail address -- as shown on the transaction details page. Anyone can do it for any reason.

Or you can create a prepaid label in Paypal, print it as a PDF, and attach it to an e-mail just as you would any other document. In this case, of course, you pay up front for the label and there's a limited time to void the label. Your buyer would have to act quickly to use the label.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply