cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select media mail when creating listing

When creating my ebay listing tonight as I have in the past for t shirts and clothes I list as being shipped to customer as free shipping with media mail. No matter what I try it will only allow me to select USPS priority mail. I change the weight, package dimensions and tons of other stuff and still no option to select media mail. I always do this with my other auctions and it is no longer giving me that option. Anyone have an idea as to why??? Thanks

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Media mail is for media.  CLothing is not eligible.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

I have no words...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Why are you trying to ship clothing media mail? Media mail is for shipping media. Clothing is clothing, not media.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Media Mail is restricted to books, sound recordings, sheet music, manuscripts and a few other items that are known as "media."

Clothing is NOT media. You CANNOT use Media Mail!

However, if the package weight is less than 16 oz., you can select First Class Package Service. (Maximum 13 oz. at retail rates.) Or you can go with Priority Mail or Parcel Select (3rd class) up to 70 lbs.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

It sounds like ebay and the post office are finally cracking down on people who misuse cheaper options. About time that the bar was level for everyone.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

That would be nice, but it's actually a glitch that I even have a macro for. Not sharing it here, though.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

It sounds like ebay and the post office are finally cracking down on people who misuse cheaper options. About time that the bar was level for everyone.

I was thinking the same thing but as Partial said, it's a glitch. A good glitch for once fhough right? You would think eBay could program the site correctly & disallow media mail in non-media categories.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@wvufootball05

Nothing you are selling qualifies for Media Mail. You do know that the Post Office can open your Media Mail packages to check what is in them and then send them on to your buyer with Postage Due, right?

https://liteblue.usps.gov/news/link/2013/04apr/Media-Mail-Guidelines.htm

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

What an embarrassment for WVU football...

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

You are Joking right? I am pretty sure EVERYONE KNOWS the definition of Media Mail! 

me·di·a1
ˈmēdēə
noun

1. 1.
    the main means of mass communication (broadcasting, publishing, and the Internet), regarded collectively. "their demands were publicized by the media" plural form of medium.

Post Offices definition of Media Mail. 
    noun
    noun: media mail; plural noun: media mails
    1. a class of mail for sending books, recordings, and computer media. It is cheaper and usually slower than first-class mail.

Another qualification Media Mail IS NO ADVERTISING...in other words NO ADS! 

You are cheating the United States! You are cheating me and everyone else reading this! On top of that, it is UNFAIR to ALL the Other Sellers out there who FOLLOW THE RULES...and pay HIGHER Prices for their shipping...That is an unfair advantage.

What do You do to the Buyer of Yours who Has to Pay the difference for a legitimate way of shipping? I'd be ONE hot Customer getting a package with Postage due! What do You do with the Customer who calls and says where is My package? Media Mail usually takes much longer (USPS up to 3 weeks I think?)  WHAT are YOU going to do when USPO BANS YOU from Shipping packages?  No More Selling anywhere!

In fact, IF I got a package from You With Clothing in it I'd march the mail right back to the PO and I'd report it to them! Just saying...I have heard of Other Sellers getting BANNED from mailing packages for just this stunt! 

Then Morally HOW DO YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF? This has me HOT just reading it! I guess another one of those people who think they are privileged Kids that do what they want no matter whom they hurt or How it affects others!  

Honestly, I am busy and Have to work on MY lists now!! Just think about it! Do the right thing! List with Proper mail categories.  Robot Mad Sugar

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

What an embarrassment for WVU football...

OMG...I thought the same thing. My parents met there.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Many categories have subcategories for "publications" -- including Pottery & Glass and Collectibles.  Sheet music is correctly listed in the Music category. Therefore, Media Mail cannot be limited to a single category. It appears that the OP has modified his/her listings to Parcel Select and added a mailing fee of $2.50 -- which might come close to the difference between Media Mail and Parcel Select.  I guess the OP doesn't realize that Priority Mail costs the same, is certainly much faster and includes up to $50 indemnity. ~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

I sell quite a few paper goods -- some qualify for media mail , some not , but I have found that anymore I can send most things allmost as cheap 1st class or parcel and then I don't have to worry about, is it media or not.. just saying.. you may be setting yourself up for trouble for not much gain

heavy books will make a difference but not light weight items

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

They may have fixed some of the listings but I still see several with media mail listed.

@wvufootball05

I hope you find your way back to your thread.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply