cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer refused package

Hi,

It clearly says that "custom and taxes are your responsibilty" in my sales description. Buyer refused the package for not to pay to custom.

What are my rights as a seller? Will i be covered about shipping? If i leave a negative feedback, will the buyer have a right to leave a feedback to me as well? I'd appreaciate if someone tells me what to do cover myself in the best way. 

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Buyer refused package

Ebay policy:

Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Exceptions:

• The buyer can provide, via written proof from the carrier, that they refused the package because it arrived empty or was damaged in shipping

• The buyer accepted and opened the package only to determine that it was an empty box

• The item arrived COD because it didn't have enough postage on it

The buyer is responsible for paying any customs and duty fees for international shipping.

Exception:

• The seller overstated the value of the item, which caused customs fees to be higher

The Race is over
The Rats won.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Buyer refused package

Turkey, short of finding out that you cannot leave negative feedback for a buyer, how would negative feedback help?
Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

It would help that person not to do the same thing again in future?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

How would it prevent the buyer from doing it again?

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

If you're a buyer, placing an order by knowing that you're responsible for custom, when you're about to receive the package and shipping company tells you that you have to pay for import fee, you shouldn't be able to refuse the package. This lets the seller lose time and maybe money and effort. 

If i leave a feedback like "buyer refused the package for import fee" other sellers would not ship to him neither in future. 

My question was about finding my rights and about what or which way i should follow. I paid for shipping, am i covered by ebay? 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

Sellers cannot leave negative, or negatively worded feedback.

Let the package come back to you and refund

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

How about the price i paid for shipping? 

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

@yourwatchtime wrote:

How about the price i paid for shipping? 

Technically you don't have to refund a single cent since the buyer gave up their buyer protection when they refused the package. But it's not right to keep the item and the money AND the buyer could still file with PayPal if that is how they paid.. You can deduct the shipping cost from the refund once you get the item back.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

Ebay policy:

Generally, the buyer is responsible for accepting the item when it arrives. If the buyer refuses delivery, their claim is not eligible for the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Exceptions:

• The buyer can provide, via written proof from the carrier, that they refused the package because it arrived empty or was damaged in shipping

• The buyer accepted and opened the package only to determine that it was an empty box

• The item arrived COD because it didn't have enough postage on it

The buyer is responsible for paying any customs and duty fees for international shipping.

Exception:

• The seller overstated the value of the item, which caused customs fees to be higher

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

Thank you very much. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

Did the buyer ' refuse ' the package or simply not picked it up ? While the GSP is a charm for US sellers to ship, it's just the opposite on the receiving end. People are not gullible not to know that by any other service there would be no taxes involved.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

Buyer refused the package for import fee.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

Congratulations, you lucked out. An uninformed ebay buyer. Don't see many of them any more.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

Ups wants me pay for import fee and return shipping for me to able to receive it back because buyer refused to pay for the import fee. 

What should i do now? Will ebay cover me as a buyer?

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Buyer refused package

@yourwatchtime wrote:

Ups wants me pay for import fee and return shipping for me to able to receive it back because buyer refused to pay for the import fee. 

What should i do now? Will ebay cover me as a buyer?

Why do you need to be covered as the BUYER? You are the seller. If you want the item back, you have to pay the fees. Ebay won't reimburse you. The buyer won't win an ebay case but they would probably win a paypal dispute.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 15 of 17
latest reply