eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

jpbill
Community Member

shipping labels wont print

Is anyone else having this problem?  When I click pay and print, they take my money but the label does not show and will not print.

Please use plain text.
historyfinder
Community Member

Re: shipping labels wont print

in reply to jpbill

I have been unable to ship for two days. Labesl won't print. First person I talked to said it's a systems error; something not communicating between eBay and PayPal. 2nd person I talked to had me upgrade my Adobe, try another computer, try printing a shipping lable through PayPal and finally agreed that their system is broken. She said Person #1  filed a report. Today, working sporadically. Tried 20+ times; three labesl printed. I was told this is a problem that's only happening to a few people. i have 30+ packages to ship. I'm going to have to take them to the post office.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

Random problems everywhere on eBay/PayPal lately.

Use Click and Ship on the USPS.com site if you have to, better than standing in line at the PO.

Please use plain text.
historyfinder
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

Just talked to another Customer Service rep. She said they're working on the shipping problem. I can't get a label to print through PayPal, either. I would use USPS Shipping but they do not have an option to ship First Class, Domestic or International, Parcel Post or Media-only Priority and Express. I again asked that they put something on the Announcement Board; she said she would tell her supervisor about my request to do that. My concern is, if customers start leaving negative feedback's about the delays in shipping, it's going to result in a lower seller's rating and may end up limiting access to my funds, even if this isn't my fault. I am going to the post office today, though. What a hassle. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

I am having the same problem for over a month, cannot print no matter what I do or what computer I use. The worst part is when I try using ebay to print, an error messages shows up and on top of that they end up charging me for the label thatI cannot print. 

Please use plain text.
bella_gray
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

I have been having trouble printing since yesterday.  The problem lies with Pitney Bowes.  eBay has told me they should have it cleared up in 72 hours, maybe longer beacause of the weekend.  What a pain.  So frustrating.  Im sure a lot of sellers are thinking it is their computer, as I did.  How crazy they wont give their sellers the heads up.  Especially with how much we pay!

Please use plain text.
collectorofgems
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

There is a work around for this in case anyone needs to print their labels on ebay/paypal.

The issue appears to be paypal multi shipping. I went to print my labels, and they printed but there was nothing printed. I thought my printer was malfunctioning or out of ink, so I choose a different printer. Same issue, and an error message comes up.

Called Ebay and Paypal, it's a known error.  They didn't know a fix for it, told me to go to the USPS site which I have never used. And I wasn't about to start there at this time.

Here's how I finally got my labels printed through paypal:

1- First I cancelled all the labels printed, because no matter what I did they wouldn't reprint.

2- After you cancel each label you tried to print, go back into paypal, click on the specific payment details of the item you wish to print a label for. And buy the postage again without using multi label printing. You have to do these one by one.

3- My labels printed without an issue.

Thank goodness I did the bulk of my labels yesterday or I'd be screaming my head off.

Cheers. Hope this works for everyone having issues.

gems
Please use plain text.
planet_power
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

I have had some problems printing, and I notice they will take your $ each time you make a "mistake"

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

I have a label that will not print. The funds were withdrawn for payment but it will not print. I received the notificatoin from ebay as well indicating they withdrew funds. I cannot cancel the label either because even though paypal FUNDS were withdrawn the link to ebay will give me an error message so I have no way to cancel it. What a waste of money. It is not marked as shipped on ebay either it still says "print shipping label". So what do I do?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

How can I cancel all the labels if I am not able to have ebay/paypal acknowlege payment was made?? Paypal shows it but in order to cancel you have to go through ebay which is still showing "print shipping label""??

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

same issues here , I couldn't do anything this morning.  tried 2 computers , reset my printer then figured it was an ebay issue.  canceled 2 labels , have another that I printed through ebay that I can't reprint or cancel.  frustrating ....

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

The server at ibdswebp9-ext.pb.com is taking too long to respond.

Looks like Pitney Bowes has got some problems.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

Same problem as others,shipping paid for but no label printed....

have to void & retry,sometmes works but majority of time still fails to print,resorting to post office visit & hope usps refunds voided  payments.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

This is a tech issue and eBay should be monitoring this site.

I was told on Nov. 18 by pay pal and eBay this was a technical issue, on Nov. 19 eBay told me this was my problem, I needed to clear my cookies, reboot my computer and printer.

Since I have never had a problem printing labels and since eBay changed the shipping page I do believe this is an eBay problem.  

Since I could not chance loosing more money, I went to USPS, CLICK N SHIP, printed my labels without clearing cookies or booting my computer or printer which is what the eBay rep told me to do.

Please use plain text.
yodastreasures
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

I got a response from both Pitney Bowes and eBay by tweeting them: @AskeBay and @PBCares. Ebay then gave me the email address Twitter@eBay.com to send the full description of my problem to. Never heard back from eBay, but PB  "is sending it to tech to look into". I've handled my share of customer support at work and know that usually means round file, but you never know. I've been having the timeout issue on the labels since the 11/15. Call, tweet, email... let them know. I'm betting they never even look at these discussion boards.

Please use plain text.
brass57
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

I have been having the problem for days.  I was able to print 2 labels yesterday, but no luck today.  Ebay's customer service rep told me "I had an isolated problem and needed to probably use Google Chrome".  I said ISOLATED?  HAVE YOU READ THE DISCUSSION BOARDS? 

They must be having phone issues too, our call was disconnected...LMAO

By the way, I did not scream at the rep, I was calm and even laughed a little when I said ISOLATED.

Please use plain text.
yodastreasures
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

That's rubbish. I've been trying on IE9, Firefox, and Chrome on 5 different computers (3 different OS's) on 2 different internet connections. On a hunch I tried to print again (after voiding 2 labels) and type in the buyer's address instead of using what was already there. When I got to the zip code it auto-filled the city name with a city that was 200 miles away. Sounds as if something is getting lost in translation. I've emailed this to eBay. We'll see where it goes.

Please use plain text.
same_as_it_never_was_collectibles
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

I have been having the same issues.  It started in late October and has not been fixed.  I do believe this is Ebay's problem.  I have already done the clearing of cookies and reboot of printer and computer.  I still get only 50% of my labels to print.  I am no longer going to use their system until it is fixed.  I will use the USPS shipping site instead because I cannot stand to wait in line at the Post Office.  If you call customer support right away (instead of voiding the label) they will refund your money within 24 hours.  They did mine.  You have to be firm (not a jerk) and explain that you cannot wait 15 days to get your money back and they will work with you.  Once you "void" the label, you do not have this option anymore.  You have to wait the 2 weeks to get the refund. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

I too have been having these problems for a week now, have made several phone calls to ebay and tried printing labels again today and got 2 to print and then that was it. Some of you mentioned go to usps shipping site, but from what I understand you cant do first class or parcel post? I am not sure on that, I will check into it though. So where does this problem leave all of us, that pay fee after fee to use ebay, not to mention no protection for the sellers, It leaves us with money in limbo with usps for 15 days, all kinds of time handwriting labels and standing in line at the post office, no online shipping discount, no free or discounted delivery confo. and money out of our pockets instead of money out of paypal, it really cut me short this week, yes I can get the money from paypal in 2 or 3 days if I am lucky. I have not created any new listings, due to the hardship and frustration this week, and I have all kinds of things to sell, but figure what is the point when I am losing more money with this problem that I have had since the 14th.  One rude ebay supervisor I spoke with basically told me I have no reason to complain, because it is really hurting the big time sellers, Well it hurts me too, maybe I don't have as much money in my pocket as "the big guys" to cover the extra loss.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to jpbill

I am having the same issue. Got the same BS from eBay. I've updated Java, Adobe, rebooted, cleared cookies, tried Chrome, IE, Firefox, tried 3 different computers here and two at different locations all together. NOTHING FIXES THIS. eBay...anybody home?

Please use plain text.