cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about HTML

Hello,   I used to sell all kinds of items on ebay since 1999 when I got my 1st computer!,

I'm a little rusty, and I have lots to sell! 

Can someone give mewhat the HTML would be for:    "Hit this link to view my other auctions."

My user id is:de-bey           Thank-you.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

question about HTML

'<a href="URL">MY STUFF</a>'

Where I've got URL will be the link ( you know, like http://), be sure to enclose it in " ". The MY STUFF is what a person would actually click on.  Don't include the beginning and ending apostrophes, I just did that to keep the board from turning this into an actual link. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

question about HTML

@de-bey wrote:

Hello,   I used to sell all kinds of items on ebay since 1999 when I got my 1st computer!,

I'm a little rusty, and I have lots to sell! 

Can someone give mewhat the HTML would be for:    "Hit this link to view my other auctions."

My user id is:de-bey           Thank-you.

You don't need to do this, it's already in all listins.

And, you can google how to make a link...

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

question about HTML

'<a href="URL">MY STUFF</a>'

Where I've got URL will be the link ( you know, like http://), be sure to enclose it in " ". The MY STUFF is what a person would actually click on.  Don't include the beginning and ending apostrophes, I just did that to keep the board from turning this into an actual link. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

question about HTML

You know what's weird? I was just gonna post the same thing? But I went to look for my grandkids and I can't find them anywhere.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

question about HTML

@polkadotpigtails wrote:
You know what's weird? I was just gonna post the same thing? But I went to look for my grandkids and I can't find them anywhere.

Never can find one when you need one.

Every so often, when I try to post, I get an screen that tells me my post contains HTML and I need to correct it.

The thing is, the post does not.

So, without doing anything, I just click on "post" and it posts.

Very strange.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

question about HTML

Most likely it's useless to post links in your listings.
Many buyers are VERY leery about going to linked items.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Describe it as if there are no pictures.
Take pictures as if there is no description.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

question about HTML

"Never can find one when you need one.

Every so often, when I try to post, I get an screen that tells me my post contains HTML and I need to correct it.

Very strange."

This message usually appears when you have copy/pasted something in the body of your post....It is just another example of the awkwardly worded Lithium messages ~ the first/top message in red that you see says that there is invalid HTML in your post that needs to be changed....but if you scroll to the bottom of the message you will see another

message in red that says the invalid HTML has already been changed RollingEyesSmiley5.gif

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

question about HTML

@hidy-hoo wrote:

"Never can find one when you need one.

Very strange."

This message usually appears when you have copy/pasted something in the body of your post....It is just another example of the awkwardly worded Lithium messages ~ the first/top message in red that you see says that there is invalid HTML in your post that needs to be changed....but if you scroll to the bottom of the message you will see another

message in red that says the invalid HTML has already been changed RollingEyesSmiley5.gif

Except, I have not.  I have just typed a reply and pasted nothing.

That's why it is so strange.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

question about HTML

Not sure where to post this, but if this is the wrong place please point me in the right place. I got an e-mail from ebay saying: 

Starting in October 2017, Google Chrome—the browser used by almost half of all eBay buyers—will begin displaying the message "Not Secure" in the address bar when users visit standard HTTP pages or HTTPS pages that include non-secure HTTP content.

You have listings that contain or link to HTTP content, and we encourage you to remove this content from your listings immediately. Does this mean I have to change all my templates? And take off all my work on ebay and just leave it all black and white? I do upload all my images for my templates off ebay.  Like this Listing has my template https://www.ebay.com/itm/202080445600 

Thank you for any help or advice you can give me. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply