cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many drafts can I create and how long will they be saved?

Does anybody know how many drafts you can make and keep on eBay for 30 days? I have a customer who wants me to list 350 all at one time instead of putting them up as i go. It's alot of work and I'm afraid i will get partially thru and many will vanish. That would confuse me because I would be sure what was still there and not....and it would be aggravating.  I've googled the question, but it keeps coming up with 7 drafts and 30 days. I've already done more than 7 and I don't want to lose them...worried

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well this is the link & info I found on drafts..It says 20 in the bulk listing tool

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unfinishedlisting.html/?rems

I think I had about 25-30 saved once but I can't say I've ever gone over 30. It would be a lot of work to lose, if it deleted over 20... Smiley Surprised

Maybe it's 27? 20 in bulk tool & the 7 others in standard... Hum....

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Well this is the link & info I found on drafts..It says 20 in the bulk listing tool

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unfinishedlisting.html/?rems

I think I had about 25-30 saved once but I can't say I've ever gone over 30. It would be a lot of work to lose, if it deleted over 20... Smiley Surprised

Maybe it's 27? 20 in bulk tool & the 7 others in standard... Hum....

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Thank you for helping 🙂  I think I will stay at 20...I agree that it's too much work to lose.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

During the July 29 and August 5 weekly chats, I queried Griff on the quantity and duration of saved drafts.  He agreed to look into the matter and today he posted a detailed reply at the end of the August 5 chat (message #99).

Apparently, the maximum number of drafts is 250 and the duration is 30 days from the most recent edit.  The number of "visible" drafts depends on what device you are using and whether you are using Selling Manager or not.  

My personal experience is that a single draft edited on May 30 was deleted on or about June 15.  A second single draft begun on June 19, with zero edits, is still there as of August 7.  So take the "product team's" information with a grain of salt!

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

we saved more than 200 listings on draft before, but you have to complete them within 30 days ( we do in a week or so ) other wise they delete them, also i noticed before the 30 day period some of the pictures you upload to your drafted listings are not there any more. hope this helps.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thead is from 2015

So are you saying it still holds true in 2017....

200 drafts would be nice....

@afabargains2015

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

I have saved over 40 drafts, but you only have visibility to 20 at a time. I can't tell you how long you can save them.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I think it depends on if you're using selling manager pro or not...although I seriously don't have a clue. We use the selling manager and can save hundreds (think 250 max but not sure) for 30 days (maybe more).... Somebody should test it out. But who wants to make 251 drafts right quick? 🙂
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

If you only have visibility for up to 20 drafts, then:

1) Why can I currently see more than 20 of my drafts?

2) How do I see and/or interact with any non-visible drafts?

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

'You can also save a draft of your listing and go back to finish it later. There are no limits to how many drafts you can have in Seller Hub, although they expire after 45 days.'
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I had the same question. When I'm not using seller hub, I'm maxed out at 20 drafts. But, at the time being, I've got 43 drafts in Seller Hub. They didn't disappear like I thought they may have. Mine are only currently 2 weeks old, so none have vanished yet, and I'm unsure of how long they actually will last. All photos are still there after 2 weeks.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

DRAFTS has lost so many of mine - so often - that I will not use it anymore.
Period.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I created 61 drafts in nov 2018.  After I completed the drafts, I viewed them and could only see 20.  I thought the others were deleted/overwritten. But as I listed the auctions, the others became visible one at a time as I listed one at a time. 

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

251 drafts are the cut off it starts deleting the oldest drafts after that.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@stingray87 wrote:

I created 61 drafts in nov 2018.  After I completed the drafts, I viewed them and could only see 20.  I thought the others were deleted/overwritten. But as I listed the auctions, the others became visible one at a time as I listed one at a time. 

Perhaps drafts were "20 to a page", and as you listed, the others moved to the 1st page.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply