eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Answer
Community Member
how do I remove a bidder from my auction?

There is a bidder outside the United States and I have no intention of shipping outside the US.  How do I remove them from the bid process?

Other Answers: 7
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member
Answered
in reply to edward_boyd

The Buyer Requirements block is based on the bidder's primary eBay address, not on their country of registration. Many bidders who are registered overseas have US shipping addresses. You might want to check with the buyer about this, if there's time to do so before the auction ends.

johnsattic
Community Member
Answered
in reply to edward_boyd

Look under the more actions tab to the right of your active auction listing for the item, there you should find the cancel bid tab.

However you have put yourself in a precarious position by allowing international bidders to bid if you don't intend to honor those bids.

You need to go to your account settings and change the eBay default from worldwide shipping to only those countries you wish to ship to, mine is set for USA only.

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler, A. Einstein
Community Member
Answered
in reply to edward_boyd

Cancel Bids on Your Listing

Sellers can add buyer requirements to their listings to prevent unwanted bidders. You can block buyers who:
Don't have a PayPal account
Have received 2 Unpaid item Strike(s) within 12 month(s)
Have a primary shipping address in countries you don't ship to
Have 4 policy violation report(s) within 6 month(s)
Have a feedback score equal to or lower than -1
See how to access this tool, http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html#specifying

Community Member
Answered
in reply to edward_boyd

First cancel the bid here:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

Then set your buyer requirements in My Ebay, Account, Site preferences to block bidders in countries you do not ship to.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to edward_boyd

If you set your blocks properly, he can't bid unless he has a US address as his primary shipping address. Anyway, here:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

You can cancel his bid using that form.

jame234
Community Member
Answered
in reply to edward_boyd

Click on this link to cancel bid and block bidder.

meekopla
Community Member
Answered
in reply to edward_boyd

Depending on which listing program you are using, you can also block non-USA Buyers in a single listing. Besides removing this Buyer, don't forget to revise your listing if there is still time to revise it so someone else doesn't do the same thing.

" The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it's what you share. " - anonymous