eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
diana5449_123
Community Member

ebay just kicked me off from selling after 10 years because of "low seller standards", my feedback w

i was kicked off ebay today for "low seller standards" after being ok for 10 years, no warning, no nothing,  they just did it, talked to 3 different people, they said there was nothing I could do, decision was made, final, do not understand this at all, any suggestions, contact me at ebay, diana5449_123, thanks

Please use plain text.
telephoto1
Community Member

Re: ebay just kicked me off from selling after 10 years because of "low seller standards",

in reply to diana5449_123

You seem to be under the misconception that eBay is a democracy.

It isn't.

They can boot you for any reason they choose.

Have you had any recent problems like auctions getting pulled, etc?

Don't blame me-I voted for the American.
Please use plain text.
12gro-on
Community Member

Re: ebay just kicked me off from selling after 10 years because of "low seller standards",

were you uploading tracking on all of your shipments?  Do you sell name brands that are in Vero's microscope?

Your stars look good.

I am a small eBay seller; simply another word for a compulsive gambler.
Please use plain text.
12gro-on
Community Member

in reply to 12gro-on

Oh, I just noticed you are at 98%.   Thay may be why.

Please use plain text.
weaselemu
Community Member

Well 98% feedback isn't so hot. How many negative comments did you leave in feedback for buyers? I saw 2. That means those weren't reported. The ones that may have existed but are gone now because they were reported would mean a policy violation on your account for each comment. What made you think that was a good idea?

Apparently birds are not allowed.
You'll get over it. Or you won't.
weasel
emu
Please use plain text.
bakelite_n_buttons
Community Member

[ Edited ]

How many buyer protection cases did you have that got escalated to ebay rather than you working it out with the buyer?

Ebay has been purging sellers lately, even those who look "ok" on the surface. Many of those with decent fb/stars that got purged had several BPP cases that they either ignored/refused to refund ect that ended up being decided by ebay. For small sellers ignoring a BPP case can be a death sentence.

Also other policy violations such as feedback violations, listings pulled for breaking policy and relisted without bringing them in to compliance, the # of 1s and 2s on your item as described star ect can all factor in to a boot.

“You have not converted a man because you have silenced him.”
― John Morley, On Compromise
Please use plain text.
bakelite_n_buttons
Community Member

in reply to bakelite_n_buttons

Oh and the chances are, there WAS a warning or earlier restriction that you either didnt read the message on, or blew off. Ive been talking to a bunch of booted sellers lately, and when the truth comes out, 90% or more DID have some sort of advanced warning.

Please use plain text.
12gro-on
Community Member

in reply to bakelite_n_buttons

ALL SALES FINAL NO REFUNDS, IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK BEFORE YOU PURCHASE. ANY FLAWS, ETC NOT LISTED IS JUST AN OVERSIGHT ON MY SIDE.

Ok, this is all making sense to me now.  YIKES!!! 

Please use plain text.
spiderstitches151
Community Member

ebay dosne't care about its sellers it is sad 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to spiderstitches151

Not the bad ones..........

Please use plain text.
simplemodesty77
Community Member

diana5449_123 wrote:

i was kicked off ebay today for "low seller standards" after being ok for 10 years, no warning, no nothing,  they just did it, talked to 3 different people, they said there was nothing I could do, decision was made, final, do not understand this at all, any suggestions, contact me at ebay, diana5449_123, thanks

Hello,

Just some suggestions... you should always offer returns and be as thorough as possible on defects even to the point of restating that the item is pre-owned. Also, always play by the rules no matter how counterproductive they may be. I don't know how you handle customer complaints or return requests, if any, but do not argue with or question a customer even if you are seething with irritation.

On another note... Ebay should be telling you why they shut you down so that you can correct the issue and continue benefiting yourself, your customers and Ebay. I don't see why they'd just shut you down with no explanation.

Please use plain text.
rednails243
Community Member

in reply to simplemodesty77

because eBay is probably trying to get rid of the "little" seller

and cater to big box, drop and chinese sellers.

Next?

a better place
Please use plain text.
rednails243
Community Member

in reply to rednails243

btw:

you have been here since 2007

and I am sorry.

:smileysad:

a better place
Please use plain text.
bakelite_n_buttons
Community Member

in reply to spiderstitches151

spiderstitches151 wrote:

ebay dosne't care about its sellers it is sad 

What sellers fail time and again to understand is that its NOT "one or two bad buyers" that ruin them. MOSTLY its the sellers ruining themselves.

For example

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Protection/I-ve-been-quot-indefinitely-restricted-quot/m-p/17769...

This guy forced the buyers to escalate the case to ebay to get their refunds.

When ebay has to step in and refund, it COUNTS AGAINST THE SELLER. If the seller refunds before a case is escalated it doesnt count against them.

Ive seen many sellers say "I refunded everyone!" yet when you talk to them, it wasnt their choice, ebay made the choice for them.

I see sellers scream "I was scammed"...its never a sellers fault that an item wasnt as described, didnt arrive, arrived broken, its always a lying buyer. There are only so many times you can claim the buyer provided the wrong address or that its the post offices fault something broke.

I say this as a seller who's taken my earned negs and moved on, and fought unjustified ones and won, had them and the bad dsr's from them removed and the cases counting against me cleared from my record.

I look at so many of the sellers that were removed and they look good on the surface, then you look at completed listings and see policy violations out the wazoo, see them leaving feedback that is in violation of policy, and find out that they force buyers to escalate a case from the "work it out stage" to "ebay has decided against the seller", and they wonder why they're gone.

Frankly, in my honest opinion, most of these sellers sould have had the boot put to their backsides years ago. Ebay's stupidest move is allowing them access to the forums after they get kicked, because it just brings out the other subgrade bottom feeders who are on the verge of suspension to sympathize.

Please use plain text.
downrightspecialkids
Community Member

in reply to rednails243

No,that date is COMMUNITY member-go to her page and it says ebay member since 2003. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to rednails243
I will agree with that statement, having low selling rating is a matter of opinion, we all offer 14 day returns, I had a 99.5 selling rating and it happened to me, so don't give up we need more bid sites other that this one
Please use plain text.
richmond.7
Community Member

i too was recently kicked off, and for cases. before i was a top rated power seller, then i was hospitalized with open heart sugery.  I notified my winning bidders why shipments were late etc and emails not answered as well as talking to ebay who advised me i was resolving rthe cases just fine.  they were all within one month as i was down for 3 weeks .  i satisfied all but 4 of the buyers who got automatic refunds.  i even issued refunds before returns were received and they were over a hundred dollars.  as soon as i made a payment of my fees, i was locked out and my listings were cancelled. i was told i can never be on ebay again. WHAT THE HECK IS THIS ALL ABOUT!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sinnick39

I just got booted as well.  I used to be a power seller, Paid between $600 - $1000 a month to ebay.  This year I have had a couple shipments go out a day or 2 late.  Now I can't sell anymore.  Ebay is no longer for the seller (if it ever was) only for the buyer.  Very frustrating.  I said to them let me know how to fix it, They said sorry there is nothing we can do.  

I hate ebay.  They would make more per item than me in the fees, between them and paypal.

Please use plain text.
rednails243
Community Member

in reply to utah_rc

getting scary---

I too wonder what the heck is going on--

so many of these complaints!!

I am so glad I don't sell here anymore

a better place
Please use plain text.
rednails243
Community Member

in reply to utah_rc

wow Utah....

I see some dings in your stars

but 2 neutrals

and one doesn't even make sense.

a better place
Please use plain text.