eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
bestpcdoctor
Community Member
eBay not allowing iPhones with Flappy Bird included as an app?

Hello everyone I don't get this. eBay is not allowing iPhones with Flappy Bird installed sold on it. I understand you need to do a factory reset. Having apps on phones is now (sadly) a voilation of terms of service. What I don't understand is that three of my listings were removed so fast before I could blink. Yet there are listings that have completed without a hitch. And even relisted. Listings like this one I've been following:

Flappy Bird Listing 4S

So why do I feel like I am the only one being targeted by eBay. Also I asked customer tech support that my phone is jailbroken and if a customer requests an app or game installed before mailing the phone out whats wrong with that. The CSR said that that's perfectly fine. Yet after posting on my listing that if a customer needs an app installed they can send me a direct message, My listing within a few hours got removed. So I would  like someone to please help me out in this matter.

Other Answers: 3
kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bestpcdoctor

As often is the case, eBay CS told you wrong. And you're not the only one targeted. But it's easy to get: 

eBay is not allowing iPhones with Flappy Bird included as an app.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to bestpcdoctor

Your buyers will need to download their own apps-disregard what that rep told you they were wrong.

centerhill73
Community Member
Answered
in reply to bestpcdoctor

CSR's are minimum wage responders that often have nearly no actual knowledge of ebay rules and regulations. Calling them and depending on their advice can often get you in trouble.