Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Update for Shipping

Due to a FedEx invoicing issue the week of March 25, 2024, some sellers were incorrectly charged for FedEx label adjustments. We apologize for the inconvenience, and eBay will refund these amounts within the next 5 business days.

Monthly Chat Update

Hi sellers, We wanted to let you know that we're making a couple of updates to the way we communicate site changes and topics with our sellers. We've decided to retire the monthly chat’s current format. Instead, we will schedule our chats with eBay s...

Displaying Feedback Replies

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for both sellers and buyers on eBay by improving relevancy and displaying images. These feedback enhancements give potential buyers better insights into your products, an...

Why did eBay give me extended days to ship???

This is kind of funny considering the topic of the "It's not just Christmas buyers ...." thread. -I sold 2 items today (Wednesday). Since I have 1-day handling for TRS+ benefits, the prompt should say "Ship by Thursday Jan. 4". But instead they both ...

User avatar by Rockstar
  • 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

Appealing a defect.

I sold an item a few weeks ago, and the buyer requested I delay shipping for several days because his place of business was closed until January 2, and there would be nobody there to receive the item. I did as they asked, and ebay gave me a "late shi...

Resolved! S

I am " old school" ebay seller & Buyer (2003). at that time, I would list a item on Ebay and it would sell, I would be notified by ebay who the buyer was. I would place the item in an enevelope (collectable stamps),address it, place a stamp on the en...

Where are new eBayers (not Stores) getting eBay-branded shipping supplies from? (but moreso: why?)

It seems like, a fair percentage of the time when I shop on eBay, I end up receiving the item with one form of eBay-branded packing material or another. As a seller/buyer (half and half) and a participant in eBay for, wow... about a quarter a century...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

What happens when you report a buyer?

I know this happens to every seller occasionally. I sold a lot of used stainless flatware. Buyer requested a return saying she had wanted to give it as a gift and she was unhappy with the “spots” on the silverware. The photos were clear, the listing ...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Blocking Repeat Buyers

You guys ever have or ever will block any of your repeat buyers? If so, how many times did they previously buy from you and why did you block them? Do you give them more chances than a random new buyer?The most common reason why I block repeat buyers...

Past free listings now take up as monthly free listings

So there were some listings I posted in the past year that never took over the free listings. But this month, I saw that two of the listings take away as a free listing. I know one was relisted for free after someone canceled that order (the steam ir...

Funds on hold. Am I expected to send the item?

Hi all. I just sold a book for £30, but it says that the funds are on hold? I'm confused. Why has this happened? I have 100% rating, have sold lots in the past, for a lot more than £30. Why should I send the item before I have the money?

Restrictions

Try to list, get a message about unable to sell and sends me to resolution or message center. Nothing in either. Zero open cases, zero messages indicating a restriction. I have positive feedback.

Jiminy Cricket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People just get use to paying more for shipping... and along comes another usps price increase on media mail. Glad I increased my shipping price to cover yet another increase and I don't have to go and jack pricing again. When is enough enough? Gas p...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

No item Condition Option on mobile app or desktop

Just listed an item on the mobile app and it no longer has the "Condition" option. A quick google said that it was still available on the desktop. So ended the listing and got on my PC, Relisted the item, but there is no option to select the conditio...

It's not just Christmas buyers anymore folks!

Welcome the trend of the New Year's Buyers now guys.I had this guy purchase from me on Friday 2pm. I come in this morning (Tuesday after New years day) and at 5am the guy messages me."Where's my stuff the other two eBay people that I bought from just...

Having a new problem.

Each morning, I sign onto e-bay. If I click on the forum site, I am able to read messages but it kicks me off e-bay and I need to sign back in. Just now when I closed the forum, it kicked me off the e-bay site again. Any one else having this problem?...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors