eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Community Member

Zoom/enlarge features not working

Hi,

We use turbo lister and have noticed that the zoom/enlarge features are no longer working on our listings. We had been pre-cropping the photos using Windows Picture Gallery edit, and thought this may be the problem (although we have been doing this for years without issue). We tried adding the photos raw/unedited and it didn't work, we tried adding them raw then cropping them in turbo lister and it didn't work. An example of an image we tested with was 4288 x 2848 pixels 3.16MB. Under all three conditions we still couldn't get zoom/enlarge to work.

We've updated turbo lister, tried with fresh templates.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
fossil_diver
Community Member

Re: Zoom/enlarge features not working

[ Edited ]
in reply to unleysecondhand

I think it depends on the size of the picture you upload and pixel count. I use a 10meg camera and I resize my pictures so they are 1600x1600 when I upload them to ebay. That gives me a good zoom without being too large. Look at one of my listings to get some idea of the zoom you will get with similar settings. 

Please use plain text.
sadiesshop615
Community Member

unleysecondhand wrote:

Hi,

We use turbo lister and have noticed that the zoom/enlarge features are no longer working on our listings…

We've updated turbo lister, tried with fresh templates.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Sounds like the infamous "Turbo Shrink" image-size reduction problem

has returned / may have not really been fixed...

(It was supposed to be...).

PROBLEM:

Turbo Lister shrinks Gallery Photo image-sizes down to 400px on longest side

when listings, (that were modified using the online form), are imported back into TL.

For more info, see this Photos & HTML board topic:

Is Turbo Lister still shrinking images?

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Photos-HTML/Is-Turbo-Lister-still-shrinking-images/m-p/16813003

we went to the turblo lister board and followed the instructions to delete and replace the databases and that solved "small" pictures for us.

worth a shot!

at this time, our zoom/enlarge is working on our auctions.

we also crop and resize our images so the longest length is 1600 pixels.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to united2gether
also, we retain the original auction writeup in turbo lister inventory and use that when we relist. we don't relist from the closed listing activity feature (so we hope to avoid another episode with turbo lister microsizing our pictures again.)
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to united2gether

oh, also meant to mention the zoom/enlarge feature on eBay is working but has a lag, we have to hover quite awhile for it to kick in on a slower dsl line.

Please use plain text.
shipscript
Community Member

Zoom and Supersize are features of Picture Pack.

When I look at this listing ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/151121218924 ), I see that your primary photo is large enough for supersize and zoom, but it is not applied. The supersize image is only 640 and there is no zoom, while the master image is 1,600px × 1,436px

In the US, Picture Pack is free and is automatically applied to all new listings. If you are listing on another site that does not yet have free Picture Pack, then you may need to select and pay for the option.

If this is an old listing, then the photos may need to be re-uploaded with Picture Pack selected so that the appropriate codes are applied to the picture set to trigger zoom..

If this is a new listing, look to see whether Picture Pack has been disabled on your uploader. On sites where Picture Pack is an extra cost, supersize and zoom are only applied when Picture Pack is selected and purchased.

Now that Picture Pack is free in the US, it must still be selected in some tools (and can inadvertently be deselected).

For Photos, HTML, CSS and template questions, please visit the Tools & Apps forum.
eBay Community Hall of Fame 2007
Free Resources for Better Auctions • Programs • Tools • Templates • Help • Guides
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to shipscript

Hi

Thanks for all your replies

We have discovered after talking to the TurboLister team that is a problem between TurboLister and Australian Ebay

Hope they sort it out soon

Regards

Tasso

Unleysecondhand

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to fossil_diver

Your listings didn't enlarge for me, nor can I click on one of your pictures and have it change places with the current picture.

Please use plain text.
suredonehq
Community Member

I think eBay & Turbo Lister are different. You better contact the latter for them to check your problem.

SureDone
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sadiesshop615

I have exactly the same problem and it started just recently. Does not matter which browser I use, my high resolution pictures are small and there is no zoom option. My previous, still active auctions, some are OK, the zoom is working and on some the zoom disapeared. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to wwatticnet

I forgot to add that I do not use turbo lister and I am in the USA

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I just listed an item and the zoom feature is not working on the listing. I haven't done anything different from y other listings but this one I really needed the zoom to work! Grrrrrr! I tried going back into the listing to see if I missed something but it is automatic now?

Help!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to wto8585

And I am not installing some software just to do a listing. What does E-Bay think they are doing??

I think I'm done with e-bay.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to wto8585

Had to remove the listing again. Not only was it not zooming in, but it had a wrong location. Had my old address but I went and looked at all my info on E-Bay and I DID CHANGE all address info. Etsy here I come. I don't know where E-Bay has this old address infor stored.

Please use plain text.
shipscript
Community Member

in reply to wto8585

This thread is about Turbo Lister. Are you using Turbo Lister?

For Photos, HTML, CSS and template questions, please visit the Tools & Apps forum.
eBay Community Hall of Fame 2007
Free Resources for Better Auctions • Programs • Tools • Templates • Help • Guides
Please use plain text.