cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won my appeal!!

On July 4th I sold an iPod Touch to a guest buyer.  The buyer received the iPod touch (along with a couple cases and a charger) a few days later and filed an “empty box “ SNAD claim.

I called eBay and got the "we give the buyer the benefit of the doubt" and "this is the risk of selling on-line" routines.  I called Paypal- no help.

I ultimately lost the case and filed an appeal.

In my appeal I referred to the User Agreement.  Hopefully, this can help others  .Here is the text of my appeal.

“I feel eBay is in violation of the eBay User Agreement. Under Section: Policy Enforcement,  it states: When a buyer or seller issue arises, we may consider the user s performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement in an effort to do the right thing for both buyers and sellers.

This buyer was a guest with -0- history and claimed the Empty Box Claim. I have 11 years on this ebay account and over 2500 feedback score. I am a Top Rated seller. When one googles "ebay buyer claims not received item empty box"

https: www.google.com/search?q=ebay+buyer+claims+not+received+item+empty+box&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8 E

You get over 500,000 hits. This is a well known scam and the buyer played it perfectly as eBay looks the other way on this. Also, your agent claimed that eBay gives the buyer the benefit of the doubt . I don t find that provision in your user agreement. Please let me know if (Buyer’s email address redacted)@hotmail.com has active eBay accounts under various user names. If so, please provide me with those user names. This is allowable under the privacy policy.”

This morning I wake up to the following e-mail from eBay:

Thank you for contacting us about case XXXXXXXXXXXX for the following item:

XXXXXXXXX - Apple iPod touch 5th Generation Space Gray (32GB) Bundle with Survivor case!

We've reviewed your concerns and have reversed the outcome of the case. Within 48 hours, we'll credit the PayPal account used to provide reimbursement for this case. If you used another payment method, please open a PayPal account with the email address we have on file. This will enable you to claim your money.

The money hit my PP account about an hour later!

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Won my appeal!!

Congrats & thank you for sharing!

I take screenshots of useful posts should I need to refer back to them quickly & I'm adding this one for sure!

Message 2 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

Congratulations!  Thanks for the "guideline."  🙂

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 3 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

Very well played.  Thanks for supplying new ammo for the defense of sellers.

Congratulations.

(*Bleep*)
Message 4 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

OP, 

Please come back and confirm to us after the money has actually been returned to you. 

Unlucky

Message 5 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

Very last sentence unlucky.

(*Bleep*)
Message 6 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

@unluckytheloser wrote:

OP, 

Please come back and confirm to us after the money has actually been returned to you. 

Unlucky

The money has been credited.  It was in my PP account about an hour after the e-mail from eBay.

Message 7 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

It's about time eBay began looking at Seller history for these types of scams.
I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 8 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

OP,

Excellent! The only reason I asked is because eBay has a reputation for not always following through ... 🙂

Unlucky

Message 9 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

Thank you for sharing your information with us. I am sure that most of us will take screen shots and have it on hand to use when we are confronted with similar circumstance. I applaud your diligence and professionalism.

Message 10 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

Excellent!

Calm, cool, collected, no ranting and raving. On point all the way. Perfect!

Saving this to my Ebay file.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 11 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

You have struck a blow for justice for the little guys selling on eBay, everywhere!  Thank you!  And congratulations.  Wonderfully done!

(Have printed your message/directions out to keep on hand.  Ya' just never know...)

Message 12 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

@shield-doctor..
🎉🎊👏🏻🎉🎊👏🏻 Congratulations!!!
-
Lucas
*still rollin' with the punches*
Message 13 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

AWESOME!!  Congrats!!!!

Message 14 of 54
latest reply

Won my appeal!!

Don't count on it. You just may go into your PayPal account in a few days to find out that they reversed the payment back to the buyer. This has happened to me in the past.

Message 15 of 54
latest reply