cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Does Ebay Give Me This Choice?

If "onesie" is a copyrighted word and people's listings DO get shut down for using it on other brands, why is it a choice in my dropdown? Are they trying to set me up for failure? grimacing

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gymbo_limbo wrote:

If "onesie" is a copyrighted word and people's listings DO get shut down for using it on other brands, why is it a choice in my dropdown? Are they trying to set me up for failure? grimacing

Hey everyone, just wanted to update you all that we've gotten this renamed to One Piece in the drop downs on eBay.com, eBay.co.uk and eBay.au 🙂 We are currently working on changing this across all other platforms and this should be completed shortly.

Thanks again for grabbing me on this!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 21 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

@gymbo_limbo wrote:

Well, you are a US Ebay seller...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 23
latest reply

I do believe some "glitches" are intentional to make people lose their discounts.

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

The trademarked word has an S at the end, leave the S off and there shouldn't be any problem.  If anyone has got their listing yanked for using that word, I would assume they were using it in a misleading way.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

That's a pretty thorough answer but I don't think I'll take any chances!

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Gerber Childrenswear LLC | eBay

Gerber is a member of the eBay VeRO Program and reviews items for sale on eBay regularly. Gerber uses eBay's VeRO program to report the listing of any auctions that infringe its trademark rights. Your listing(s) was removed for one of the reasons listed below:

UNLESS the item is a genuine Gerber product, you do not have authorization to use the terms "ONESIES," "ONESIE," "ONSIE," "ONEZIE," "1Z," or anything confusingly similar to describe infant or children clothing. Genuine Gerber garments can be identified by the presence of the Gerber baby head tag in the neck area and a rectangular white tag with the word "onesies" in blue located just above the left leg opening of the garment. If you believe you are selling genuine Gerber products, please contact Gerber to discuss how you may use its trademarks. Otherwise, please revise any future listings to avoid use of the infringing terms. Suggested alternative descriptions include snap-tee, snapsuit, bodysuit, creeper, or one-piece underwear.

http://www.ebay.com/gds/vero-profile-gerber-childrenswear-llc/5818fb98a013111e5e509d7a/g.html

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

@Anonymous

@Anonymous

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 7 of 23
latest reply

The key phrase there is "infant or childrens clothing" if you are listing something for an adult onesie is acceptable.

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

It is a girls size 6 one piece pajamas.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

For real???  SMH!

Put it in the drop menu and then PUNISH you for using it!        aaSuspicious_DXD5FP.gif

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

@pikabo-icu wrote:

For real???  SMH!

Put it in the drop menu and then PUNISH you for using it!        aaSuspicious_DXD5FP.gif

It's not the first time they've done this. A few years back they were on a rip of spanking sellers for using the term "Eames Era", yet it was a drop- down menu choice.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Maybe it's there because some are selling genuine onesies?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 12 of 23
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
Maybe it's there because some are selling genuine onesies?

I would agree except it's in the style menu drop not the brand..

It may be as you say but it still looks a lot bit like a trap IMHO.

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@pikabo-icu wrote:

For real???  SMH!

It's not the first time they've done this. A few years back they were on a rip of spanking sellers for using the term "Eames Era", yet it was a drop- down menu choice.

I feel they are doing the same thing by defaulting to new condition on listings among other things.

Message 14 of 23
latest reply

Seriously, why are they giving that choice in the drop down?  I had a listing taken down years ago for using the word "onesie" in a listing when the garment wasn't Gerber.  I didn't realize it couldn't be used to describe anything other than that brand.  They *are* thorough with that vero takedown.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 15 of 23
latest reply