cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who the bleep is "Lithium Technologies, Inc." and what did I "authorize" them to do for me?

I found this mystery company name in my Site Preferences under "Third-Party Authorizations" heading.

Who the bleep are they?  I don't even know who they are, and yet eBay, in its infinite wisdom, decided on its own that I had "authorized" them to do SOMETHING for me... I'm not even sure what, but it almost certainly involves separating me from my money somehow.

P.S.   According to the info in my Site Preferences, I "authorized" this company to do whatever the bleep it does TODAY.  I have a clear recollection of ALL of my activities during this entire day, and I'm quite compleyely sure that at no time during this day did I give ANY kind of authorization to ANY party to do anything... other than my implicit authorization to eBay to list my item(s) for sale for me.

Obviously, somebody is trying to sneak something by me, and I don't like it.  Not one bit.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
2 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Who the bleep is "Lithium Technologies, Inc." and what did I "authorize" them to do for me?

Lithium is the company that hosts this forum that you are posting on.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Uhmm this board is "powered by Lithium" surprise!

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Lithium is the company that hosts this forum that you are posting on.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Uhmm this board is "powered by Lithium" surprise!

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 3 of 28
latest reply

If you look at the bottom right hand corner of this page you'll see "powered by Lithium".

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

kudo for you, sometimes we just don't notice things 🙂
Message 5 of 28
latest reply

They're the people who censor your posts to this forum.

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

They are our babysitters! Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

Say It isn't true...they even found me here!

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

Aww!!!!

What a cutey! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

What are you talking about...I'm the cute one not Max!

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

No one has addressed exactly WHO they are, WHAT they do exactly, and WHY I need them; especially since I never post on ebay. What do they actually do-don't say they powered this board, that tells the average person like me, zip. Do they have access to my information all the time? Do they scolde me if I write a no no comment?  What happens if I reverse the authorizatioin?? Any consequences? To quote Sponge Bob Squarepants, "Catch my drift?".

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

If you click onthe Lithium logo at the bottom right corner it will take you direct to their own website and you can read all about them. They run these forums for Ebay.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

@hawaiianthings08 wrote:

No one has addressed exactly WHO they are, WHAT they do exactly, and WHY I need them; especially since I never post on ebay. What do they actually do-don't say they powered this board, that tells the average person like me, zip. Do they have access to my information all the time? Do they scolde me if I write a no no comment?  What happens if I reverse the authorizatioin?? Any consequences? To quote Sponge Bob Squarepants, "Catch my drift?".

You're posting on the ebay forums right now. Lithium doesn't have access to any of your personal info. Yes, they can remove a post if it's in violation of forum policies, and they can revoke your posting privileges for the same reason.

You can reverse the authorization with no consequences at all. Next time you post, it'll be back.

Forum policies ...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/everyone-boards.html

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@hawaiianthings08 wrote:

Be careful, the doctors with the nets are coming...you know too much.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

They need the authorization so they can add your FB score, avatar and link to your listings (if any) to your postings on the boards.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 15 of 28
latest reply