cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent!! I can't access my saved "Templates" for creating listings for my items!!

eBay did it again! They made a major change on a site page and it does not give me a link to my templates; well it does but it does not work.

REF: I am trying to list items using my saved "Templates". In the past I would go to My eBay "Seller Hub"  then click on "Listings". Then on the left side I would click under "Settings" I would click on "Listing Templates" and then it would bring me to the page where I have all my listing templates for my items. I have about 23 saved templates. I would either click on the "edit" link or use the drop down and select "create listing".

When I do hover over the link on the left side "Listing Templates" it shows

bulkedit.ebay.com/ManageTemplates

but nothing happens. The page tab shows that it is trying to access the page but it can sit for 20 minutes and do nothing not even get a server error.

I even tried typing bulkedit.ebay.com/ManageTemplates directly into my browser and no good. I even tried a different browser and it still does not work.

Only two or three times I was able to access this new site page from this link "Listing Template" I guess by chance and the new site page shows only the ability to "Create New Template". I scrolled up and down the page and held my mouse over every area possible but nothing shows as a link. (New site page screen shot attached to this post).

I did a search in "Help" for templates and nothing comes up.

I have been looking at the postings in the forum and don't see any one else mentioning this issue so maybe it is just me.

I don't know any other route to take to get to my item listing templates.

But as I was typing this I did find this link in another message

http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageTemplate

Screen shot attached: But none of my templates are showing. I had more than 20 of them. Please don't tell me I have to recreate all of them again.

Please, can someone help me find them. It would take me hours on end to recreate my templates again.

Thank you

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Urgent!! I can't access my saved "Templates" for creating listings for my items!!

My saved templates are here:

http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageTemplate

However, the maximum number is 10. So if you saved 20 templates, they would not be at this link. The new version allows up to 50 saved templates. Try starting a new template and see if it saves to your existing list.

Another solution is to start with any active, sold or unsold listing and use "sell similar." Drafts will stay put for at least 30 days. Or you can schedule even a partially complete listing and keep bumping it forward every few weeks.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you I found a solution.

I spoke to eBay and they said they are experiencing issues with the Template Management with no resolution date in sight. They have been working on it for days.

They were not about to help be access my templates, I found the solution by accident.

For anyone else experiencing the same issue you can access my solution at this post.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I had same issue last year and an ebay supv tech who understood this did in fact reinstate my saved listing templates to my account, but they only stayed there until ebay's next update of its listing tools, then they disappeared again! Really annoying, more so because very few ebay techs familiar.

By the way you can only save up to 10 templates.

Had discussion with ebay concerning reason for disappearance of our saved listing templates..... all techs dont understand this issue but supv techs seem aware that ebay scuttles old saved templates every time they update the listing tools because everyone's saved listing templates were usually created with different, now obsolete listing tools and ebay thinks forcing use of the new listing tools is better than using our old saved templates created with old listing tools?.......go figure.

Anyway, as has already been disclosed in otehr threads, you can just go to the secret ebay ManageTemplates link [ http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ManageTemplate ] to both see and use your old saved listing templates, if you can remember to do that in the future.
Not the simplest solution but at least we found them!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I don't understand something. Number of templates allowed; I had 43 templates saved. Why is every saying only 10? It this a new thing with eBay now. When trying to circumvent this disaster issue I found a way to get to my templates in Sell> Listings>Create Listing and under recent drafts there was a drop down box with my templates in there. I was able to save new templates but as I was tested and creating new templates to see what else changed I reached my max. When I was creating the new templates I was doing it by using and existing one, creating a listing and then at the confirmation screen I could save it by click on the box "save as template" and it then appeared in the drop down box under recent drafts. But I ran my max and could not do it that was because I can't access my old ones to delete some of the older ones to make room for new ones.

I was just able to create a new template with your link and created the listing. Many of my template that I created were based on the type of sale/auction/fixed price listing I wanted to create. This is going to take me so much time to remember every little detail about all the different selling points and details for the different templates.

Now I noticed that eBay did something really stupid also. When editing/creating a listing there are "hot spots" now. Drives me nuts. I accidently listed items for auction because of this issue for international shipping. For that option there is a tiny little square that you need to click on to activate it. Which is good so you are only activing it if you intend to and not by accident because the box is small and hard to pinpoint. But as we all know when the listing page loads and we being our work eBay sometimes as its loading jumps the screen and you can end up clicking on something you did not mean to because you mouse is now over something totally different when the page loads completely well so now they hot linked the entire line explaining the internation shipping so if you click anywhere on that entire sentence it puts a check in the box and activates the function. So this now means i have to preview every single new listing even when I am using an existing template and make sure I did not activate anything by accident or change anything by accident because of the hot linking now.

Every time I go to use eBay I find some other change they made that makes me waste my time.

So what you are saying then is I have to recreate all my templates now. But the tech support that I spoke to two weeks ago told me they were aware of the issue of not being able to access my old "manage templates" and were working on the issue.

Thanks for your help. Now I don't know for sure how many templates I can have because if I do a search on templates it does not show me what there conditions are only what the community has meantioned about it.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If you have an ebay store or other special status you may be allowed to save more templates than regular sellers (we only get 10), but your limit would normally show up in the 'manage templates' work area (where you can see them, edit them, use them, etc). And of course if you can't see them any more, which is the problem you mention, when you use the link and get to the 'manage templates' page again, I'd assume you'll see only the ones ebay actually allowed you to save. The link I gave you was not to create a new template, it was to access your old saved templates,,,, so did it not show your old ones at all?  Be careful not to mix up 'draft listings' with 'saved listing templates'.... draft listings are also saved for awhile if you dont list the item (I think 60 da), but these are not the same thing as saved templates which you can save permanently (if you can find them after ebay moves them). Your objective is to find your saved templates, and that's what the special link referenced in my last message was meant to do.

I didn't say you had to re-create your templates and you should not have to? they should all be there following the link to the 'manage templates' page.... maybe you're responding to someone else's comment? I don't believe tech support is working on this issue, I explained in my previous post that they are routinely & purposely deleting our saved templates when they update listing tools, so you just have to know where they are - follow the link.

The other comments you've added really have to do with using the ebay listing tools to create listings, which is an entirely different matter. I know they are confusing especially when you're used to one and ebay revises it to work differently the next time you use it,,,,, but all you can do here is have patience and learn how to use the different listing tools whenever ebay revises them.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply