cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid item case closed, can't leave feedback.

As it says, ebay has closed the case but will not allow me to leave feedback for deadbeat buyer.  Does anyone know how I can leave feedback for them?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can't leave negative feedback for buyers anyway,,,,Just make sure the buyer is on your blocked bidder list and move on.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

You can't leave negative feedback for buyers anyway,,,,Just make sure the buyer is on your blocked bidder list and move on.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I did not know that, thank you, I'll just move on then.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

No problem

When an unpaid item is closed with a strike...neither party can leave feedback.

Also make sure your settings have buyers blocked with 2 upi's in a year.

Good luck to you

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

You also cannot leave negative wording on a positive. That is a selling violation. Just for clarification.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I just had a similar issue where a case was made my favor, the order was removed from my order history, and I could not leave feedback.  But I found a way to leave feedback.  This is what worked for me:

1.  Go to the ebay home page (ebay.com) and select "Advanced" in the top right just to the right of the Search button.  This puts you on the advanced search page.
2.  In the left nav bar, select "Find a member".

3.  Enter the name of the member (their user ID) in the box "Enter user ID or email address of member".  You can get this from the order via the resolution center or any message you have from the case.  Enter the requited numbers from the security image to prove you are not a robot and press Search.

4.  Cick on the member from the search results.  You should now be on the seller's feedback history page.

5.  Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and click the link "Leave Feedback" under the section "What would you like to do next?".

6.  You should now be on a page showing all orders you placed where no feedback has been left, inclusive of resolution case ones.
7.  Find your order and enter your feedback.  You can also enter feeback for any other orders.
8.  IMPORTANT:  Different from the typical feeback process, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page the click the blue button "Leave feedback".  This will enter the feeback for any orders you filled-out on this page.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@ssddeell wrote:

I just had a similar issue where a case was made my favor, the order was removed from my order history, and I could not leave feedback.  But I found a way to leave feedback.  This is what worked for me:

1.  Go to the ebay home page (ebay.com) and select "Advanced" in the top right just to the right of the Search button.  This puts you on the advanced search page.
2.  In the left nav bar, select "Find a member".

3.  Enter the name of the member (their user ID) in the box "Enter user ID or email address of member".  You can get this from the order via the resolution center or any message you have from the case.  Enter the requited numbers from the security image to prove you are not a robot and press Search.

4.  Cick on the member from the search results.  You should now be on the seller's feedback history page.

5.  Scroll down towards the bottom of the page and click the link "Leave Feedback" under the section "What would you like to do next?".

6.  You should now be on a page showing all orders you placed where no feedback has been left, inclusive of resolution case ones.
7.  Find your order and enter your feedback.  You can also enter feeback for any other orders.
8.  IMPORTANT:  Different from the typical feeback process, you need to scroll down to the bottom of the page the click the blue button "Leave feedback".  This will enter the feeback for any orders you filled-out on this page.

This doesn't pertain to a situation like the ops   The op had filed a unpaid item case that was closed without payment   They can't leave the buyer feedback no matter where they go.  And this is an older post that already received correct answers to help the op 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Somehow you've missed the point here.

The OP wanted to leave a negative for a buyer presumably.  Sellers can NEVER leave negatives for buyers no matter what the sitation.  

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I actually had a buyer for a $250.00 handbag who did not pay and had feedback of 9 positive. Then when I relisted it she/he was the auction winner again. I thought surely she/he would pay but NO!!!!!! No communication either time.  Also blocked this buyer from bidding on my items. In another case which was similar I was going to do the same but eBay had removed it from my feedback listings. I just do not get it why these deadbeats are able to get away with not paying.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@francie86305 wrote:

I actually had a buyer for a $250.00 handbag who did not pay and had feedback of 9 positive. Then when I relisted it she/he was the auction winner again. I thought surely she/he would pay but NO!!!!!! No communication either time. Also blocked this buyer from bidding on my items. In another case which was similar I was going to do the same but eBay had removed it from my feedback listings. I just do not get it why these deadbeats are able to get away with not paying.

1. You should have blocked the buyer the first time they didn't pay.

2. Hope you filed your UID and have your settings correct on how can buy from you.

3. Let's hope that eBay doesn't find the feedback you left and penalize you for it. You cannot leave negative comments in positive feedback. The other seller was wrong to do so too.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I recently experienced a buyer who would not pay or even communicate when they won an item from me. If you look at their feedback now, a month later, it still shows 100% positive. Ebay should consider auto generating a negative feedback that just says, "Buyer received an unpaid item mark" or something similar if they will not let a seller enter feedback. Why should they continue to have 100% positive rating when they don't pay? Food for thought...
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@card.craze wrote:
I recently experienced a buyer who would not pay or even communicate when they won an item from me. If you look at their feedback now, a month later, it still shows 100% positive. Ebay should consider auto generating a negative feedback that just says, "Buyer received an unpaid item mark" or something similar if they will not let a seller enter feedback. Why should they continue to have 100% positive rating when they don't pay? Food for thought...

What good would a less than 100% rating do? Negative feedback was never a deterrent even when sellers could leave it for buyers. The buyers rating is meaningless, eBay doesn't reward them or take away incentives the way they do with sellers. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 12 of 12
latest reply