eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

halftonegraphicsaz
Community Member

USPS First Class International Tracking - Now Avaialble for 14 Countries

With the new changes, it appears tracking is available on First Class International packages to 14 countries.  Any one know if eBay has any plans to make it so that we can have some sort of presort or option to offer FCI to those 14 countries and Priority/Express to the remainder?

Please use plain text.
10000.lakes.land
Community Member

Re: USPS First Class International Tracking - Now Avaialble for 14 Countries

in reply to halftonegraphicsaz

I have no idea, but am guessing you would probably have to do those individually.

I just yesterday discovered that USPS had tracked a first class international package I had shipped to Canada.

"LZ479372713US

Carrier:

USPS

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED

DELIVERED ABROAD

Jul-22-13, 10:41 AM, CA

AT FOREIGN DELIVERY UNIT

Jul-22-13, 08:59 AM, CA

AT FOREIGN DELIVERY UNIT

Jul-22-13, 07:22 AM, CA

Customs clearance processing complete

Jul-19-13, 17:19 PM

Please use plain text.
theatricalhead2toe
Community Member

in reply to 10000.lakes.land

Tracking to Canada has been in place for awhile now

So far I have not had FCI track to any other countries but Canada

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to theatricalhead2toe

I read on a different Board yesterday a Thread by a seller who said she had just obtained First Class tracking on an item she sold to a buyer in the U.K.  So--maybe they were serious when they announced a few months ago---that they were gooing to be setting this up in a bunch of other countries pretty soon.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to garmentvarmint2014

Hi,  USPS is providing tracking to destination of first class international to Canada and the UK.  

I use stamps.com for First Class International.  It is free for ebay sellers and the software posts the tracking number back to ebay.

Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to theatricalhead2toe

theatricalhead2toe wrote:

Tracking to Canada has been in place for awhile now

So far I have not had FCI track to any other countries but Canada

That's good t know. May be I will add Canada to the destinations I ship, not sure yet. 

Please use plain text.
halftonegraphicsaz
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to garmentvarmint2014

It's a for sure thing.  It was part of the July 28th changes.

"Electronic Delivery Confirmation Now Available to 14 Countries
Along with Canada (added in January 2013), the USPS will be adding Electronic Delivery Confirmation to 13 additional countries for First Class Package International Service, Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Priority Mail International Small Flat Rate Boxes.  This service will be available for no additional cost.

New countries offering Electronic Delivery Confirmation include Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Israel, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain and Switzerland."

I'm just wondering if eBay will make it so we can filter those fourteen out to offer First Class shipping and keep other shipping options such as Priority for the remainder. 

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Is this for people shipping without the GSP?

Please use plain text.
funboy1227
Community Member

in reply to cambriachick

cambriachick wrote:

Is this for people shipping without the GSP?

yes

I've been told that money cannot buy happiness.... But I would like the opportunity to test that theory.
Please use plain text.
sportsfoodco
Community Member

Has this been implemented yet? I have never seen a package with tracking to Brazil or any other country besides Canada. They always end at the last destination in the US and that's it.

Doesn't help that about 10% of packages to Brazil never reach their destination. Massive headache on my part.

Please use plain text.
funboy1227
Community Member

in reply to sportsfoodco

I have had tracking confirmed to quite a few countries this year....   including Brazil.

I've been told that money cannot buy happiness.... But I would like the opportunity to test that theory.
Please use plain text.
genio432
Community Member

As mentioned its been available for Canada for at least a few months now if not longer. The UK is supposed to have been phased in by now and most of my UK shipments have shown up.

Other countries have as well but I can't remember which.

I have found that if you go into the post office and request that they "acceptance scan" them the shipments at least show up when tracked. If you don't them scanned then they usually don't show up unless to Canada or the UK and sometimes not even then.

I also use Stamp.com so I have all my international orders uploaded to ebay.

It looks like this is still in the early stages but at least some progress is being made.

They need to do something to justify the massive increase for interenational from earlier this year.

“Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.”
― Criss Jami

Please use plain text.
brewcity_bob
Community Member

in reply to genio432

Canada, Brazil, Japan, Australia, most of Europe and actually everywhere I have shipped in the past few months have had delivery confirmation. I average 10 or more a week and I can't recall seeing one in the past few months that did not have this feature.

Please use plain text.
musicsubmarine
Community Member

Hi, do you happen to know where the link showing the countries offering delivery confirmation would be found at? I'd love to have a link to this. Thank you.
Please use plain text.