cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried appealing a case

numisnorway
Trailblazer

Got a reply from a representative with what was clearly copypasted nonsense which really just made me even more mad.

Tried replying to the mail because he said he needed some more information but that gave the following in return: 

"Failed to deliver
 account is full (quota exceeded)

Original-Recipient:
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;account is full (quota exceeded)"

Great communication ebay!

As for my case, i sold an item 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks ago it showed up in the US as per USPS tracking (international sale) and it has been that way for just over 2 weeks now, the case got opened about a week ago and now the impatient buyer got refunded with what paypal and ebay held hostage from my account.. i've been through this before so i was familiar with the process nothing new there, it's all based on automation, no human oversight whatsoever, tracking numbers is all it takes.. which in my case shows in transit and thus it is unfair to just close the case in the buyers favor.. having somebody at ebay realise this is of course impossible... both for "Ronald T" and "Mark M"

Bottom line is this, more and more buyers learn how to work the system and they over sellers, especially in international transactions because the success rate is much higher as it takes longer.

"Having a tracking number gives you protection" No, it doesn't, not even if it is trackable with USPS.

/rant over and goodbye 50 bucks.

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Tried appealing a case

numisnorway
Trailblazer

Wow. I got another reply from another with a surname that is just a letter.

They claim that the tracking number i gave them is invalid, but why does it show in transit here on ebay then.. granted it does not show up on usps.com, but it does on ebay and that is quite frankly where they should be getting their information... from their own system.

Tracking

Carrier:

USPS

ACCEPTEDIN TRANSITDELIVERED

ARRIVED AT INTERNATIONAL SERVICE CENTER

Jul-29-17, 09:44 AM, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 11430

ORIGIN POST IS PREPARING SHIPMENT

Jul-27-17, 12:04 PM

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

Great.. and now i cant appeal anymore because there is obviously a limit which clearly must be my fault since it is not possible to reply to these one letter surname by email.

Good job ebay, good job.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

Got another mail from yet another representative, this one with surname Lord and not just a letter which informs me that they have searched for the package on a russian hosted tracking site for some unknown reason and it doesnt show as delivered and blablabla.

It is so painfully clear that these guys have no clue and just follow instructions.

I guess it is pointless to point out that this has in fact happened earlier and the buyer did not give me my money or item back because why would he it is not like he is at a risk of getting a negative feedback or anything else for that matter.

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

Are you using registered mail for international sales?

If so, you will get a lot more of these.

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

Having a tracking # protects you only if it shows delivery. If it's been in the USA for two weeks without being delivered, there's a very good chance it won't be.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

it's all based on automation, no human oversight whatsoever

You are in Norway.........so not sure where/who you wrote.....  might pay to relate the experience on a European board....... and see if others there have suggestions. 

In the States, IF the item is showing movement.......and a case is filed, we can request further time before the case is decided becauses of the movement..... but we do it by phone.......

just  a suggestion.......

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

You can ask the buyer to repay when and if they receive their item, but that is up to them.  Many are honest, some are not.  Hopefully your buyer has integrity and will repay you if they get the item.

Just a suggestion.  If you see that it has been delivered, you could send a polite message to the buyer, possibly something like this:

Dear Buyer:

Thank you for your purchase!  I am happy to see that you have received your item.  Delays are not uncommon when international shipping is involved.

Since you have been refunded for this transaction, please take a moment of your time to honor your obligation and repay for this item using the invoice I have sent.   I very much appreciate your character and integrity in doing so.  Unpaid items can have a negative impact on your buying privileges. 

Again, thank you for your purchase and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Your Seller

Feel free to edit or compose your own email.  This is just a suggestion.  

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

The line about unpaid items needs to be removed. It doesn't apply to this scenario. Its not an unpaid item as far as ebay is concerned and will not impact the buyer's buying priviledges.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

The ebay rep is correct when they said the tracking number is invalid. Did you track the package on the USPS website? You don't have valid tracking. If ebay can't track the package using the carrier you selected--usps-there is nothing to appeal. 

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

eBay only checks usps/fedex/ups tracking. If your package had made it into the USPS, it would show up on the USPS website. Aftership, a reliable tracking site, doesn't show any movement after July 27th.

The buyer did what the rest of us do - check tracking and file a case if there is no movement.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

The item is unpaid because of the refund the buyer received, and unpaid items can impact buying privileges.  Seller quite logically wants and needs to be paid.  While Ebay may not consider this an unpaid item, In this case, it is an incentive, and an added inducement, (something for them to consider)  for the buyer to pay.  

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

The item is unpaid because of the refund the buyer received, and unpaid items can impact buying privileges.  Seller quite logically wants and needs to be paid.  While Ebay may not consider this an unpaid item, In this case, it is an incentive, and an added inducement, (something for them to consider)  for the buyer to pay.  

It is apparent to most by the bolded and italicized areas of the previous post that repayment is due to the buyer's refund.  While it is clear buyer has no obligation at this point, if tracking shows delivered, there is a moral obligation.

Dear Buyer:

Thank you for your purchase!  I am happy to see that you have received your item.  Delays are not uncommon when international shipping is involved.

Since you have been refunded for this transaction, please take a moment of your time to honor your obligation and repay for this item using the invoice I have sent.   I very much appreciate your character and integrity in doing so.  Unpaid items can have a negative impact on your buying privileges. 

Again, thank you for your purchase and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Your Seller

Feel free to edit or compose your own email.  This is just a suggestion.  

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

If tracking is bogus and does not show delivery, however, seller has no proof item was received.  It may not have been, which would change and possibly negate the message that seller might send the buyer.  While you could send it and hope buyer pays, if buyer really did not get the item, there is reason for them to pay.

If buyer is taking advantage of bad tracking, again, buyer most likely will not pay.

The previous messages were in the event tracking did eventually show delivery.

While apparently some would take advantage of no tracking, others would not.

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Tried appealing a case

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

But that has nothing the do with this situation. Once a buyer wins an INR, it's not an unpaid item as far eBay is concerned and there is no reason for the seller to put a false statement in their payment request. The transaction does not count against the buyer if they have buying limits 

Message 15 of 29
latest reply