cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Traffic Issues

My store traffic was down over 50% last month and another 14% this month. This seems to be a recent thing happening in the last few months. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know what the cause is? Is there a setting I need to change in my store or is it because I have a custom design? I know summer sales are slower and am aware of search issues, I am specifically looking to why this very recent thing is happening. Could it be related to the active content change?

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Store Traffic Issues

Sellers of "used" items are on eBay's back burner now a days. I would never pay for store here, let alone pay to list. There is nothing you can do except move to China which would increase your view tremendously.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

Since you only sell in one category not related to summer buying - my guess would be it is the market as much as ebay or your store.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

Listen to poster #2.  Not #3.

Since no one seemed to concerned when the first chosen were expunged from here "Rotating sales" 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, then lower and lower, down to a few days every few weeks, well, those sellers are pretty much gone, and along with it, there buying power/family/followers.  So, to make up for those lost buyers, they targeted the next group of sellers, now there on about the 3rd round of sellers, and as they keep losing buyers, they will keep directing those buyers to there China partners and to there own stock in cali.  

So, it is your turn now, this site is not for collectibles any longer, everyone is going and selling those items on others sites and having good sales, it is a really sad place here.  

It will never be the same.

Soon, you will be hearing of ebay selling off, or something, but there making a lot of money for there own pockets right now, so they want to keep this going like this as long as possible.  Bet this post of mine won't even be up very long...everyone knows this is true.  

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

Could it be related to the active content change?

So did you have active content that had to be removed.........like links to Utube recordings?

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

I don't happen to believe that ebay's IT guys or gals are smart enough to manipulate the site as conspiracy theorists have been posting for years. 

Ecommerce has become more competitive every year - what was "rare" when I started on ebay 17 years ago is commonplace today.   I also sold books on Amazon for 12 years before the prices dropped as the inventory and the fees increased to the point it was no longer worth my time. 

Ebay has changed as ecommerce and competition has increased and changed - no surprise.  

I have had two stores on ebay for a number of years - for the past two years I have closed them April thru August and  and have no active listings from Dec. 10-25.    My sales have remained static from year to year for the past six years even with the store closings - they do vary greatly from month to month.   

I still sell on one other site, but sales are now few and far between - it has become a listing parking garage more than a source of sales.   But what I have seen is that traffic ups and downs are similar to that on ebay.    Traffic was up in July, but is down in August on both sites. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

I don't have active content

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

@phcd1 wrote:

Sellers of "used" items are on eBay's back burner now a days. I would never pay for store here, let alone pay to list. There is nothing you can do except move to China which would increase your view tremendously.

I am running 5 Basic stores selling mostly used items, and one of those stores is all micro payment items.  They all pay for themselves in full with plenty of gravy left over every month.  In fact, last month is turning into one of my best in recent history (that spreadsheet stays open until all items that went up last month end).  Currently (and this also includes Etsy sales), I am showing for July a gross earnings of $1157.39 and net earnings of $969.11.

Of course those numbers are slightly skewed due to a very pleasantly surprising $500 sale that happened early this month (that is in another post which is already long since buried several pages back).  The Sales Fairy has been on her best behavior for us this month.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

LOLSmiley Very Happyheart

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

@cad777864 wrote:

Listen to poster #2.  Not #3.

Since no one seemed to concerned when the first chosen were expunged from here "Rotating sales" 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, then lower and lower, down to a few days every few weeks, well, those sellers are pretty much gone, and along with it, there buying power/family/followers.  So, to make up for those lost buyers, they targeted the next group of sellers, now there on about the 3rd round of sellers, and as they keep losing buyers, they will keep directing those buyers to there China partners and to there own stock in cali.  

So, it is your turn now, this site is not for collectibles any longer, everyone is going and selling those items on others sites and having good sales, it is a really sad place here.  

It will never be the same.

Soon, you will be hearing of ebay selling off, or something, but there making a lot of money for there own pockets right now, so they want to keep this going like this as long as possible.  Bet this post of mine won't even be up very long...everyone knows this is true.  

That's what I find. 1 month on, 6 months off (or there abouts). Its almost like clockwork. I leave one or two items on all the time and when one or two sell, I list 50. Its like fishing now, I wait for a nibble.  Its just off so much of the time, its sad. Whats really sad is its the SELLERS that pay pay 100% of eBays bills (I've yet to get an eBay invoice as a buyer).

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

I don't happen to believe that ebay's IT guys or gals are smart enough to manipulate the site 

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

@gratescape  Not sure ... I used the Classic store layout opposed to the one you have but that's just personal preference.  As for what you are selling ... music ... I think a lot of today's music is purchased as a download on ITunes ... I don't think as many people "play" music from their own collections like they used to ... maybe you are seeing that trend really taking hold now ... hope things improve for you that's for sure!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

I have noticed it too. I did find that many of my items had item specifics missing. No idea what happened to them, as I always enter item specifics. Going thru and fine tuning listings has helped some. Always brutal this time of the year for my type items. Have a feeling that opening up promoted listings to all has had some effect for me as I  use PL. Saturated market. Have noticed less clicks. Hope it gets better for you. 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

definately a slow down on the site

cannot understand it 

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Store Traffic Issues

I see a definite trend, snack or famine.........never feast
Message 15 of 20
latest reply