cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Logo in search results

So we have been on ebay for awhile now we have a great feedback rating and still have yet to be able to figure out how we can get the store logo to show up in the ebay search results page. any suggestions 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

ok after speaking with the ebay ...this feature was stopped and the lucky ones who got it...get to keep it but it will not be offerred to anyone else

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Ebay does not allow store logos or websites in your listings.   It will not show up in search, and it should not.

You need to be come more familiar with selling rules to make sure you comply with them.   

Caped~
The information and writing contained in this post is the property of the named Ebay user who retains sole and exclusive rights without limitation which may not be granted to another without written permission.
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I would imagine those are sellers with special contracts with Ebay.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

BTW, this rule has been in effect since 2013.  For further information about the rule and what is allowed, here is an archived thread that was answered by Ebay personnel:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-2013-Spring-Seller/Watermark-on-photos/td-p/2756924

Caped~
The information and writing contained in this post is the property of the named Ebay user who retains sole and exclusive rights without limitation which may not be granted to another without written permission.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

we do comply with the selling rules which is why we have been able to sell 10s of thousands of items on ebay, we where curious why one of our competitors was able to have the logo in their search results which links to their ebay store

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

we thought the same thing which is why i have been on hold with ebay for the last 30minutes

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

@orange_cape_hides_me  He's referring to logos appearing in search results, not in listings or photos.

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

we have been with ebay since 2007 we are not watermarking our images like the archive thread suggested.. we are trying to find out how to have our ebay store logo show up in search results

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

As far as I know, the logo-in-search-results is for super mega-sellers, either by contract or invitation.  It appears to be limited to certain categories of consumer items, such as books, pottery and glass and possibly fashion.  Examples include Barnes & Noble and Replacements, Ltd.

However, if your competitor is a national chain, the perk may be applicable regardless of category.

If you are unable to reach someone in Customer Service who knows anything about it, you might send a message to askcommunity@ebay.com to request specific contact information (department or individual) or that they forward your inquiry to the right person for response by phone or e-mail.  Mark your message to the attention of Alan or Heidi, who are the community managers of record.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Duchess is right - and you might have one problem.  Are you that corporate entity?  I believe Ebay will allow the logo for large retailers (Toys R Us, and those mentioned above), but you must be the representative of the corporate retailer and authorized to represent that corporation EXCLUSIVELY.

However Ebay can provide a far more comprehensive answer about this.

Caped~
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

on the phone waiting for an ebay rep....only got 28 more minutes..i work for Bill Smith auto parts and handle their ebay listings..i figured since we have been with ebay since 2007 have over 30k items listed currently and in the last 90 days done an insane amount of dollar amounts in sales we should be offerred it...stay tuned will let ya know what ebay says.....if they ever answer

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

ok after speaking with the ebay ...this feature was stopped and the lucky ones who got it...get to keep it but it will not be offerred to anyone else

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Hello @billsmithusedparts as you found out there are features offered to certain sellers that will never be rolled out to the whole platform. eBay calls it "beta testing" while the rest of us would call it special treatment.

This is not my opinion but was an answer to a similar question in weekly chat with staff last year, before the then head of community, Jeff, left eBay.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

I asked my contact at eBay and was told they are pulling back on it. They have 500 stores now with it and will be removing 400 of them. So only 100 stores will have it. So getting it new will be impossible. Better to just move on and look for other ways to compete.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

How Do I Get On Tom's Top 8?
Message 15 of 22
latest reply