cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling outside of the US

Once upon a time, EBAY allowed you to indicate in your profile that you did not want to sell outside of the US.  I can't seem to find this when listing items.  

Problem:  We buy & sell motorcylces on a regular basis.  We've had several issues with foreign "buyers" which have cost us listing fees & sold fees.  The latest issue is a 'buyer' from Hungary who has not responded to our repeated requests for contact.  Can someone tell us how to change the template for selling so it says clearly on the listing that we will not sell outside the US? 

thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@rideredseeyalater

Go to My ebay
Account>Site Preferences>Shipping Preferences
Then Exclude shipping locations from your listings
Check off the countries, Apply it to all active listings & it should block buyers , but read the very bottom sentence as an extra precaution go to buyer requirements & block buyers with addresses you won't ship.

exclude shipping locations.jpg

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

and watch out because I've noticed sometimes when you relist or sell similar it clears then entire section of "select regions you wont ship to"... this has happened to me a few times. If you relist ALWAYS check the entire listing.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

It doesn't matter what you say in the listing description, it is the blocks that the previous poster mentions that will keep international buyers that you aren't interested in selling to from purchasing your items.

Block all places you don't ship to.  Block buyers with a Paypal account that is not in the US.  Foreign buyers won't be able to pay you.  

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply