cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling limit

ok so ebay shows i can sell 3 more items then i cant after that when i ever list a item it says contact us ?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Selling limit

There are several types of limits put on sellers..

Category Limits

Number of items

Total dollar amount..

Have a read here about limits. http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/sellinglimits.html#category

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Selling limit

everything is fine though i check my total dollar amount thats fine, number of items fine, and category limits fine i don't know why
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Selling limit

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Selling limit

Would the total Dollar amount go over your $$$ limit?

If it isn't that perhaps you'll have to do as it says and call... Sorry.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Selling limit

okay
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Selling limit

Hi. Ebay sometimes wants to verify sellers' credentials or other details. It usually isn't a big deal or indication that anything is wrong. Follow the directions given by them and you will soon be back to listing. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Selling limit

It is because you are a new seller.  There are very good reasons why Ebay puts limits on new sellers.  So just be patient.  You'll be able to do more soon.

You need 10 buyers do leave FB on your account and then you will start seeing your stars to show up.  Do pester your buyers for FB as it is a voluntary system and sometimes no matter how you word your email it will tick someone off and they may not post kind feedback just because you asked them to.  Strange but true.

After you get a few FB and have been selling for at least 30 days, you can call Ebay and ask them to increase your limits.  You can call and get your limits raise once every 30 days thereafter or as necessary too.  So mark your calendar if you want.  But wait until your DSRs [stars] start showing up.

Good luck, I wish you the best with your sales and your customers.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Selling limit

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

Hi. Ebay sometimes wants to verify sellers' credentials or other details. It usually isn't a big deal or indication that anything is wrong. Follow the directions given by them and you will soon be back to listing. 

This doesn't have to do with "credentials".  They are having to adhere to the rules ALL new sellers have to adhere to.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Selling limit

@mam98031 wrote:

It is because you are a new seller.  There are very good reasons why Ebay puts limits on new sellers.  So just be patient.  You'll be able to do more soon.

You need 10 buyers do leave FB on your account and then you will start seeing your stars to show up.  Do NOT pester your buyers for FB as it is a voluntary system and sometimes no matter how you word your email it will tick someone off and they may not post kind feedback just because you asked them to.  Strange but true.

After you get a few FB and have been selling for at least 30 days, you can call Ebay and ask them to increase your limits.  You can call and get your limits raise once every 30 days thereafter or as necessary too.  So mark your calendar if you want.  But wait until your DSRs [stars] start showing up.

Good luck, I wish you the best with your sales and your customers.

Fixed that for ya!

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Selling limit

Thanks

Message 11 of 11
latest reply