cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Amidst A Changing World

Hi Folks,

I want to leave some thoughts about how to be a successful seller here at eBay.

First, envision yourself...the seller...at the market and personally meeting your customers. Make eye contact...smile and greet them with kindness.

Know the goods you are selling, understand what went into making them, where they came from and why you are the folks they should be buying from. Have passion about your goods.

This is the foundation of being successful in the TRUEST sense. Why...because you are being true to yourself.

Many many situations will arise, but you will be able to deal with it because you are anchored on what matters. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Do not look to build up earthly treasures beyond 3 months of meeting your own needs...this allows you flexibility to help others.

Even if your sales collapse...you are hidden in searches...you are unjustly treated by bots...stay true to that which is honorable when the crowd suggests otherwise.

If you believe in the Almighty....give Him thanks...if you don't...maybe you should.

Last of all...look someone in the eye and tell them not only do you love them...but you treasure them...cause this is where our treasures should be.

Mr C

p.s. this message is Mrs C approved

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Beautful sentiments in a world gone mad  currently with bombs exploding at concert halls eradicating innocent children. The man who shot down an innocent eldely man because his girlfriend broke up with him. People in africa starving to death because the regime steals all the food brought to them by the UN. Thankfulness in all ways, and support, understanding is the way. But at times we all refuse to do it. 

Love what you sell, love the process (most of the time that is), treat everyone with respect and kindness. If this happened all the time here that in itself could bring this marketplace much more success, and there would not be a need for rules. But, humans  me , you, everyone are a flawed bunch, GOOD , but flawed.  Ebay is just as good, but flawed like the rest of us. Let's help each other to grow each and every day. Blessing Mr C.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Hi Vintage,

So true...it doesn't require much effort to realize the world is a mess.

I actually have been overcome by silence... words simply fail to express the pain & misery so many folks are forced to endure. We really are spoiled here in this country.

Mr C
Message 3 of 30
latest reply

@thenobletuckylife

As long as you have a song in your heart.

And a smile on your lips.

Everything will be ok.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

I can't take this maudlin stuff anymore. You're making people cry.

I've watced your posts and I have never seen you criticize anyone; you've been nothing but helpful and supportive.

Then you announce you haven't sold here in a year.

Then you announce you're leaving the boards.

Your heart is obviously here. People love to read your posts. You've invested a lot of time here. You've helped a lot of people. What a waste when you know there is a real need for your talent. I'm sure God is keeping score.

They don't have internet in the hollars of West Virginia? You don't have anything to sell? Not even chicken eggs?

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

Oh for goodness sake Stop just Stop making people cry
Oh wait not everybody some just say Good Bye Smiley Tongue

Hi Mr. C
Tell my Buddy who approved the message hello from NJ.
How's the back ? all better yet?

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Mr C has got to have some home made biscuitsand gravy, hog jowl, black eyed peas, and native honey to sell. Keep posted. I have not been here as long as many of you but when I see a jewel of a person I see it here. 

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

@annindallas wrote:

I can't take this maudlin stuff anymore. You're making people cry.

I've watced your posts and I have never seen you criticize anyone; you've been nothing but helpful and supportive.

Then you announce you haven't sold here in a year.

Then you announce you're leaving the boards.

Your heart is obviously here. People love to read your posts. You've invested a lot of time here. You've helped a lot of people. What a waste when you know there is a real need for your talent. I'm sure God is keeping score.

They don't have internet in the hollars of West Virginia? You don't have anything to sell? Not even chicken eggs?

Hi Anna,

Not wanting to make people cry...I want people to be who they are...laugh...smile...reflect...think...oh please think...and most of all maybe bring that sense to folks that I understand...at least a little.

Regarding me always being kind in my posts...oh my...not so true...I have been firm and yes even harsh at times...maybe that's the paternal side of me...but my goal is to at least be fair and genuine.

I firmly believe that I must be one of those that I counsel, especially in these discussions...i.e. must be a seller...and a reputable one in high standing. Last year we did close my store and ended the listings and said goodbye to the discussion boards. The reason I am here is starting back around Thanksgiving we listed some goods that folks had emailed/Faced Booked us about they wanted to purchase so we listed them on Mrs C's account that we never closed. Then about the beginning of the year I came back to the discussion boards as a regular contributor again since we at least were actively selling.

Yes I have invested a lot of time here and it has been an honor and a privilege. There also will be a transition to the backwoods cabin here in S.E. Ohio across the river from West Virginia and to be honest...I do not know what the internet situation will be like there in the hollar. In addition to this...the USPS just recently closed down the post office we would have been using there in Sarahsville so now getting shipments out will be more challenging. It is also one of only 2 backwoods roads in the county that the post office does not actually service.

I am sure the Almighty is keeping track...hence why I ask for forgiveness so much.

And yes we have eggs for sale...we take them to town every Monday and make all our delivery stops to fill our orders.

Finally...it may be time for someone else to rise up and be a voice...maybe they will have different stories you'nes can relate to and be encouraged by. I will pray that happens.

In closing...thank you so much for making me feel so welcomed here...there are some days I have wondered.

Mr C

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

What's Mrs. C's User ID?

Tell her I'm looking for some real old fasioned recipes. The kind handed down through generations. 

You'd think those would be easy to find. Not so.

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

@annindallas

We all must turn a page now and then.

Mr. C is starting a new chapter in his life.

As will I soon, then I will be gone from the boards.

People took it the wrong way, they thought I was "checking out".

Mr. C called me to make sure I was OK.

And many regulars reached out to me.

I was touched.

many just drop off the boards with never a word.

Mr. C will be busy building a cabin this summer.

And I will go back to working on jets.

So for me it is nice when you get word, that they are ok.

Just taking a break from ebay.

But we all know, both he and I will be back.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

Oh for goodness sake Stop just Stop making people cry
Oh wait not everybody some just say Good Bye Smiley Tongue

Hi Mr. C
Tell my Buddy who approved the message hello from NJ.
How's the back ? all better yet?

Oh Labs,

I love ya like sister...really do.

You know and I know you will be hearing from me for years to come...you know that 1-800-calllabs number!!! I'm workin on a real whinefest for ya!

Mrs C probably loves ya more than I do...go figure,  you sympathize with her.

Back thing...you mean that mean sciatic nerve thing buried into the hiney? That one was tenderly addressed by Mrs C 4 times a day with an awesome natural "Cold" roll on gel to help relieve the muscle spasms...might just line up for a dose here shortly!!! I did get back out to the job site for the past 2 days but today it's been tough...but I'll be my spring bunny self tomorra...yeh right.

Mr C

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Also, wild herbs. You wrap them in a wet paper towel and plastic bag. They ship fine.  And asparagus that grows by railroad tracks.  Wild blackberries. The real thing. Not from Lowe's or Home Depot. 

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Oh Anna,

Talk about preachin to the choir.

You probably did not know this but we were one of the largest sellers of Organic seeds non treated no GMO from Pumpkins to Peppermint....100's & 100's of varieties etc. her on ebay until June of 2013 when I believe the first major jump in USPS in1st Class service and ebay required us to have tracking in order to stay TRS. Shall I say that killed that portion of the business.

Mr C
Message 13 of 30
latest reply

Ah, Mr C...you will be missed!!!
Message 14 of 30
latest reply

"Tell her I'm looking for some real old fasioned recipes. The kind handed down through generations. "

Look for old (30's thru 50's) church and women's club cookbooks, the spiral bound kind. I love them, and a lot of the recipes are very old. And different...I was surprised that some of the ingredients are squirrel, possum, seriously! I love deer and elk, but possum, no.
Message 15 of 30
latest reply