eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Answer
Community Member
Accepted Solution
Seller wants to cancel my buy it now purchase and re-list for more money?

I purchased an item for buy it now price. The seller wants to cancel my purchase and re-list for more money?

Accepted Solution
phlogiston
Community Member
Answered
in reply to schrisdelaney

Say "No".  Pay and demand shipment.  If seller refuses, open an Item Not  received case, escalate it as soon as possible, and give him a black mark, as well as Negative Feedback.  Seller set the Buy It Now price, if it was too low that's his fault, he should stand by his word and the terms of his sale.

Other Answers: 3
meekopla
Community Member
Answered

And if they actually emailed you and stated that they wanted to relist for more money, report the email to eBay. That is wrong and unethical. Sellers like that should not be selling. They are unprepared and impractical.

" The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it's what you share. " - anonymous
selling-stuff-2-make-$
Community Member
Answered

This just happened to me. I bought and went to pay for an unused Phils Dodgers ticket from May 25, 2014. Beckett's No-Hitter. It said $3.50 was B-I-N. I hit it, and it was $10.00. Fine. Still a deal. I went to check out and it rerouted me to merchant. It never processed, and timed out. It said 7 were sold previous. No record of that, or my bid, or my win, or my payment, or that the auction existed at all. SUSPICIOUS???

meekopla
Community Member
Answered

Most likely this Seller is going to refund your money. Call eBay and let them know that this is going on. These emails will continue all afternoon if you don't. 

" The real secret of happiness is not what you have or what you receive; it's what you share. " - anonymous