cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales suck!!!

I don't know what's happened to EBAy e in the past few weeks. My sales, if this was an ekg would show a flatline!! Whereas I used to occasionally have a flood, now I have not even a trickle. Terrible. I'm wondering if the politics on tv are holding people's attention!! Usually, I notice when there are big headlines in the news, my sales slump. I miss those few dollars income here and there. Now not here nor there!!!
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sales suck!!!

I've had the same issue. I just tried to buy a hoodie from a seller and asked her to turn off the pay now so I can buy it and pay on Sunday. It has yet to switch completely. It popped up commit to buy n when I clicked it, it went to the pay now screen. Now it's back to pay it now. They're clearly having technical site issues. Can anyone suggest another site I can sell gently used and new designer fashion? I started doing this to supplement a $450 a month income I lost. If this keeps up I won't be able to even do that. What are they doing?!?! 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 24 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Sales suck!!!

Since you are a store subscriber, have you tried running a sale using markdown manager?  That may help.  

previously known as boardnpostsid
Message 2 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

The last few weeks have been dismal for me too and right now I can't even pay my taxes, so I totally agree, but I will say this time of year (right after March madness) is always one of the slowest of the year.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

Our store usually has sales over $1,000.00 per month. We have only made $765 during the past 30 days - that's only because we've had a couple higher dollar sales to help boost it. During the past week, we have only had $96 in sales. We typically have around 500 items listed - mostly video games that sell as fast as we list them - we have over 700 listings now because sales have been so dismal. 

Yes, we do go through months when we have low sales, but the past 2 months have been the worst months we've ever had in the past 10 years.

We are discussing if we need to switch to amazon so we can make money again.

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

Slower than molasses in the winter, and I thought it was warming up. Maybe ebay employees could help out with a few purchases. They seemed to be making the moooola. I ain't getting any sales, but I bought two item and made an offer on one today so far. I don't think that is the reason I have a store here for. lol 

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

@unclepeete wrote:
I don't know what's happened to EBAy e in the past few weeks. My sales, if this was an ekg would show a flatline!! Whereas I used to occasionally have a flood, now I have not even a trickle. Terrible. I'm wondering if the politics on tv are holding people's attention!! Usually, I notice when there are big headlines in the news, my sales slump. I miss those few dollars income here and there. Now not here nor there!!!

It has not been talked about much, but Ebay made changes to search in March.  They stated that buyers were overwhelmed by the amount of items on ebay, and created "search modules" to steer people to what they are looking for.

If you can resist throwing up in your mouth, read this.......

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news/new-browsing-modules-leverage-ebays-structured-data-to-better-s...

Whatever the outcome, it is clear ebay MADE MAJOR changes to the search engine.

IMHO Some sellers will benefit from this (the chosen) , while  most others will see what you are seeing.

Good luck to you...

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

eBay is trying to adopt a photo search and read your mind - relevancy search engine format. eBay continues to fail to realize that when they collect all the data from tracking where we go online, and search eBay, through the use of installing cookies on our computers. We may have multiple people in the house or friends using the same computer to browse the net.

Also, many of the millions of people selling stuff both on and off eBay use eBay to do research on either stuff we have or are looking to buy and resell, etc. So, we are constantly clicking on both unsold and sold items just to get info., compare items, and what have you. All that clicking is used by eBay, and produces false data, which they still use incorrectly.

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

God is my source.
eBay was part time income for me. As I know it probably won't hurt their bottom line-- FOR NOW--, but certainly this company won't thrive with its numerous seller changes, driving people away, closing accounts
Almost on a dime, all because of fickle buyers, scam artists. As soon as I can finish up my inventory, im looking for an alternative way to make money.
Message 8 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

Too many sellers the pie share is getting thin and a gluttony for buyers.
Message 9 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

I noticed last night, on my personal Facebook feed, there was an ad for a competing product for an item I just listed. (different seller)

Bizarre.

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

Wow!! What to make of that?
Message 11 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

@al-sutt wrote:
Too many sellers the pie share is getting thin and a gluttony for buyers.

I disagree, there is manipulation of buyers vs sellers rather than a mismatch.......ebay is trying to direct sellers to where they feel they have the most potential for growth or profit (FAIL)

This new structured search model is equivalent to you searching for an antique oneida silver spoon and getting everything from a china set to the kitchen sink and just one spoon.....

And then someone (no one in particular in mind) comes out and say

too many sellers

Change title

Add UPC

cut prices

just pure extortion 

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

My sales have been rocking.... I looked at your stuff, and a lot of it is for the Fall/Winter.  People are buying Spring/Summer now.  Another thing is, a good number of the items are overpriced.  they are nice, I must admit.... But I go by the law of averages - some.  That means I research, calculate the average price sold for identical or very similar items, then shed a few $ if possible.

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

I've been selling on eBay for 10+ years. I am accustomed to the seasonal rise and fall of sales, but what's going on now is different. My sales are at a near standstill. I have resisted branching out for a long time, but am now being forced to consider alternative sites for selling. I can't keep going like this and survive.

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

Sales suck!!!

Since the seller sells internationally - there are always items selling that may be out of season here but in season elsewhere. Many buyers do not buy an item that is priced the lowest as they wonder what is wrong with the item. They are willing to pay a bit more from a seller with strong feedback than take the risk of having to return something not as described.

I sell similar items that you sell - I feel some of your prices are high - but sales come with visibility - if items aren't seen - they won't sell. The seller has had strong sales so people are willing to pay his prices.

Message 15 of 46
latest reply