cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report a buyer trying to get me to sell to him off ebay site

, This seller tried to buy an item from me off ebay without giving ebay its fee I said no i cant do that and he proceeded to say i was a bad seller and used rude language how do i report him for violating the ebay policy for trying to buy offline of ebay site? He said He has done it many times.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

@cbpawn3185 There is a link on this page where you can report the buyer.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Wow. Looking at is feedback left for other, many, many positive negatives, so many "Seller was accommodating with price" kind of feedback. It should not take anyone at eBay more than a minute to figure out this is a buyer who harasses  sellers. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

You could also call eBay Customer Service, Trust and Safety.

Call the eBay Customer Service number and ask for Trust and Safety.

We are not allowed to post it here but you can follow the contact us pages or google eBay Customer Service for the number.

After taking initial info, they will transfer you to Trust and Safety.  Tell them what you have told us.

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

It is sellers who avoid paying Ebay not buyers. There is nothing to report. How would a buyer make out by buying off Ebay anyway ? I don't see the purpose.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@coolections Buyers who do this often expect the seller to offer a lower price since they don't have eBay/PayPal fees to pay. I've seen it a lot.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

@cbpawn3185  I have had a couple of Buyers try and get me to sell off the site, I politely and professionally advise them that I do not sell outside eBay as they deserve the fees I pay because they display my items to virtually the whole world if I want.  Certainly worth the % they charge and one simply has to account for fees in their pricing structure so they are a non-issue.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I get these kinds of offers all the time.  I simply reply I do not sell off Ebay and add them to my blocked buyer list.  These are the kind of people who even if they buy from you they will be mad you didn't accept their off Ebay offer and will leave negative feedback. I have had that happen.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

You're absolutely right. Any time a buyer wants to change the terms of the sale he is trying to scam you.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@lighthouse_foundation wrote:

You're absolutely right. Any time a buyer wants to change the terms of the sale he is trying to scam you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Nonsense.

Have you ever carried a bag?  That is have you ever sold something to somebody in person that they may not have wanted to buy?    It's called a  negotiation, and it's done by the best salesmen/women, and the best buyers every second of every day all over the World.  That is how commerce works.

I have negotiated price, shipping cost, timing of shipping, number of items, color of items on here with sellers ad-nauseum.

As a buyer, I negotiate buy nature, as a 42 year career salesman away from eBay, I expect negotiation, and enjoy it, it's the business of the business.

I am not one of the sellers on here that blocks a bidder with each question asked.  Too many sellers on here have never sold anything in their live outside of eBay, and for some reason freak out at the art of the deal.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

@jmhazlett

@jmhazlett wrote:

I get these kinds of offers all the time.  I simply reply I do not sell off Ebay and add them to my blocked buyer list.  These are the kind of people who even if they buy from you they will be mad you didn't accept their off Ebay offer and will leave negative feedback. I have had that happen.

Fortunately I have not expereinced that ... I normally do not add them to my blocked list and a few have actually purchased from me and left good FB.  It may depend on what one is selling.  I just thought of something and that might be to point out to the Buyer that if they purchase off the site they would lose their Buyer Protection in the unlikely event of a transaction gone bad.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@jmhazlett

@jmhazlett wrote:

Fortunately I have not expereinced that ... I normally do not add them to my blocked list and a few have actually purchased from me and left good FB.  It may depend on what one is selling.  I just thought of something and that might be to point out to the Buyer that if they purchase off the site they would lose their Buyer Protection in the unlikely event of a transaction gone bad.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Paypal protects them, that is why those who are shady,  take the chance in doing so.

Having said that, I have had inquiries away from Paypal based on  Trading Products, Size of Shipments, etc.  that was done by buyers and sellers that had previously done business with me outside of eBay, prior to their inquiry about a specific auction that I was showing.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Have you ever carried a bag?

What does that mean?  I've re-read it 5 times and it still makes no sense to me.

Unfortunately, we in the USA are all seeing in technicolor what the real "art of the deal" is (bullying and intimidation), and our suffering isn't likely to end any time soon!

Of course buyers can negotiate with eBay sellers, a lot of whom are destitute - and desperate.  That's nothing to crow about IMHO

There is everything to lose for a seller on eBay who takes the transaction off-site; and it takes a savvy seller to even avoid sending an item before it has been paid.  Look, too many systems on eBay are broken and sellers don't know about all the possible scams.  That's the main reason why they shouldn't take it off-eBay, if not simply because it cheats eBay.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@*eponymous* wrote:

Have you ever carried a bag?

What does that mean?  I've re-read it 5 times and it still makes no sense to me.

Unfortunately, we in the USA are all seeing in technicolor what the real "art of the deal" is (bullying and intimidation), and our suffering isn't likely to end any time soon!

Of course buyers can negotiate with eBay sellers, a lot of whom are destitute - and desperate.  That's nothing to crow about IMHO

There is everything to lose for a seller on eBay who takes the transaction off-site; and it takes a savvy seller to even avoid sending an item before it has been paid.  Look, too many systems on eBay are broken and sellers don't know about all the possible scams.  That's the main reason why they shouldn't take it off-eBay, if not simply because it cheats eBay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You need to re-read my post again.  Not once did I say - away from eBay in my text.  I commented strictly on the poster that said, "any buyer that tries to change something in your listing is trying to scam you".  That is simply untrue.

In terms of carrying a bag.  People that sell for a living encounter everything, and those that are real sellers, have carried a bag. 

People on eBay are Item Listers,  not Item Sellers.  

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I am not freaking out about him trying to negotiate its the fact that after i said no he started using rude language describing me and the business i'm in which is the pawn business.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply