cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re: listing form

Okay on my other account I used the short(simple) listing form,rather than the long listing form on some of my listings..Not sure if those are even the correct titles for them?

Here is my problem, when I go to REVISE those listings some of the information I want to revise is NOT available on the short form,and I can not find a way to switch to the long form on that listing to revise that particular info...example would changing the return policy from 14 days to 30 days..

Does anyone know how to get to the long listing form from the short form for revisions,I have searched everywhere on the short form page but can not find a way to switch to the long form to make revisions?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Can you try to select more than one listing and edit the return fields in bulk edit?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

It's just not possible to access the Advanced from options for a listing that was originally set up using the Quick versoin. However, you  might be able to make the change directly in your active listings in My eBay , in Selling Manager.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Great question... I have not seen this problem referenced before, and I always use the long form, so I can't say I'm all that familiar with the short one, but in some plinking around with live listings just now, it does seem like the system will only associate the listing with the form that created it. Presumably it pulls in defaults from the other form and/or your Selling Preferences settings.

I looked at the calling arguments in the browser when going in to revise an item, and I don't see anything that appears to specify which form is to be used for revisions. I also tested from a machine that was not used to create the listing originally, so there would be no possibility of a cookie affecting the choice, but that was a dead end. Hopefully someone else will know, because I've shot off all my ammunition on this one. I'd be interested to learn about this one myself. Sorry...

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the replies...

Here is the problem,ebay wants TRS sellers to go to 30 day returns,on the short (simple ) form there is no way to change the return policy(except either accept returns or NOT accept returns)no way to change the amount of days...

I realize I could end the listing,and relist using the long form on the ones I have listed on the short form,but then I would lose my sales history on those items,which I would prefer not to lose...

Anyone have any ideas for a work around?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@posting*master wrote:

It's just not possible to access the Advanced from options for a listing that was originally set up using the Quick versoin. However, you  might be able to make the change directly in your active listings in My eBay , in Selling Manager.

I don't think I even have selling manager,as I don't have a store..As far as My Ebay it takes me to the short form ,no matter how I click on the revise,either on the actual item or from My Ebay...

I don't see anywhere in preferences that I can make the change on amount of days returns are accepted...

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Can you try to select more than one listing and edit the return fields in bulk edit?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@ymeagainlord wrote:

Thank you, that works ,in the bulk edit it allows you to change the number of days for returns....

One is left to wonder WHY that is NOT available when one clicks on revise listing, either on the actual item,or even in the "more actions" in the far right of My Ebay?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

If you select more than one item in your active list, you can use the bulk editor .... which has all of the options.

Slow corner for me, I guess 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I am having the exact same problem. It started a couple of weeks ago. I get no option to switch to the long form.

The major problem I have with the short form is that my photos do not upload no matter how long I wait. I am not about to sit here and wait 5 mins for each photo to upload. I just don't have that kind of time.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

One of my pet peeves about the short form.  I called eBay (India) and was told there is no way to change the returns to 30 days, without using the bulk editor,  with a system as complex as eBay has to be, it would seem like a simple fix.  Frustrating.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

What is the long form? Is that where you have to name what you want to sell and they take you to all the items that have been sold like the one you want to sell and then you have to work your way through changing everything that is on the listing where you select "sell one like this", but you have to go through and change everything. And then half the time the 'other item' was listed as an auction and you want a buy it now listing but the form doesn't allow you to change. Very frustrating. Just want to start with a fresh page and go from there. Thank you. Joe
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

That sounds more like the so called Easy Listing page.

The Advanced Listing tool is simply a blank listing page where you fill in all the details and choices yourself.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 13 of 13
latest reply