cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q&A not getting added to the listing?

Over in my selling account I had a question on one item that I thought would be of general interest - so when I answered it i made sure to check the box for adding it to the bottom of the description in the listing so that everyone else could see the question andthe answer. But shouldnt that happen right away? Ive been waiting for several minutes now and there is no change. I logged out of my selling account and into this one but when I view the listing from here it still doesnt show the Q&A at the bottom. Yes I hit Reload or F5 as well.

I guess I can add the Q&A manually at the bottom of the description as an addition - it alreay has bids - but I thought this would happen automatically if I checked the box for it. Oh  well.

Hey - wait -- does this not happen if the listing is ending? The auction has less than 8 hours to go.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your last sentence is correct.  If an auction has less than 12 hours left and has bids, you can answer buyer questions, but they would not be added to the listing.

And since there is only 8 hrs left and it has bids, you cannot add to description either.  If there were more than 12 hours left, you could, even if there were bids.  

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Your last sentence is correct.  If an auction has less than 12 hours left and has bids, you can answer buyer questions, but they would not be added to the listing.

And since there is only 8 hrs left and it has bids, you cannot add to description either.  If there were more than 12 hours left, you could, even if there were bids.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Great - thank you for confirming!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

what if there are more than 12 hours left. I am having the same problem but I just started a 30 day auction.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

They seem to be fiddling and tweaking the whole seller/buyer ask a question features. Not just on listings but anywhere on the site.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

A lot can change in eBay in two years since this thread began.  

Just in the past week or two, eBay has been rolling out a separate set of questions, about the product, at the bottom of the listing. This displaces the section  that included buyers' questions to the seller and the seller's replies.  Nobody seems to have quite figured out yet where the buyer/seller Q&A's have wandered off to..

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@helmstimethy wrote:
what if there are more than 12 hours left. I am having the same problem but I just started a 30 day auction.

There are no 30 day auctions.

And this is another necrothread.